My website is down !

Rostamiani

Yes, HelioHost nameservers are intermittently inaccessible.

Apart of recent longer problem with Cody (mentioned in the news) that has been resolved ~24 hours ago, in the "normal" day the nameservers are quite often inaccessible. You can check this ie. on my server monitor (link in my signature) - browse the June 6th and before to see the average condition.

Some solution may be using some other nameservers (external, ie. from your domain registrar, valid A/CNAME/MX etc. records needed to be configure in there, of course) for your domains hosted in here, in such case HelioHost nameservers failures will not affect accessibility of your websites hosted in here.

Guest Geoff

It's sort of funny that Cody was supposed to be the more stable server, yet if you look at the server monitor, it really appears to be the less stable server (even less stable than johnny at times).

@ Geoff

I don't know how the physical server resources are shared between the two VPS'es, but I would guess that one could affect the other. Even Charlie's responce times (not displayed on my monitor, but I log them) are vary, not that much but sometimes when Cody and Johnny are slow, Charlie's responce time is longer, too.

I've been having more downtime than uptime, it seems. Currently on Johnny. And I'm to the point where either I'll transfer to another server or another webhost (most likely the latter, since this has been ongoing now for a while). I can understand hiccups, but seems like Johnny's been having a serious case of hicburps! :D

@ Geoff

I don't know how about you, but I have just convinced myself that Johnny does affect the whole physical server and nameserver on it. Look at the time when Johnny did serve only the "DIVA Development", majority of requests ends up with 404 responce, no any PHP were executed and... nameserver responces were definitelly more stable.

Image: http://i52.tinypic.com/141lf06.png

Guest Geoff
However, I don't think disk usage is restricted.

Well, that's kind of what I was thinking: Johnny is restricted on how much CPU he can use, but disk usage isn't restricted, which is probably the bottleneck here.