Can not drop my procedures in phpAdmin

Hendrik

What are the procedures you are trying to drop?

I was trying to drop stored procedures.

EDIT:

I get the following error: #1370 - alter routine command denied to user 'tazan_ngsis'@'localhost' for routine 'tazan_ngsis.new_routine'

Hendrik

Hi,

I google it and found this: http://webyog.com/faq/content/26/28/en/why...n-sql_file.html

This is a privilege issue.

You will probably get the error 1044 "Access denied ..." or 1370 "Alter routine command denied to user ...". Data are imported OK, Views too, but Stored Procedures and Functions are not.

The reason is that the user does not have the CREATE ROUTINE or ALTER ROUTINE privileges as of MySQL 5.x. On some MySQL version those privileges are not available as global privileges (except for 'root'@'localhost'). This has been reported as a bug with early MySQL 5.0 versions.

I'm not really sure how to solve this, but I think there is something wrong with your privileges.

Maybe you should try giving all privileges to your MySQL user of that database.

Hi,

I have tried to drop and alter the tables from both MySQL Workbench & phpAdmin and it work perfectly from my end.

I think it's not the privileges problem because I still can drop my table from phpAdmin though I didn't give the DROP privilege to my MySQL user.

I see that i accidentally wrote that i can't drop tables in my previous post, but that ain't the case.

It is the stored procedures i cannot drop, which i could do 2 weeks ago. For some reason back then i could not drop the procedures from MySQL Workbench but i could do it from phpAdmin, therefore i had no problems, but now i cannot drop them even from control panel phpAdmin.

I know that you have previously mentioned that it is due to some sort of a MySQL 5.x bug. But what confuses me is that why was i able to do the dropping before anyway even though there was a bug :S