[Solved] .is domains not supported

Hendrik

Hi Support,

my domain name ends with .is. When i try to publish my domain i get the following error.

Error while connecting to ISNIC. Error code: 2491 (Cannot update nameservers; nameservers not correctly configured). Error message from ISNIC:

Please fix the following input errors:

The nameserver ns1.heliohost.org is not registered with ISNIC

The nameserver ns2.heliohost.org is not registered with ISNIC

For .is domains the nameservers must be configured correctly before the delegation can be completed. Not all ISPs are aware of this. Please contact the administrators of the nameservers you are trying to use, and ask them to create a valid zone file for ngs.is on all the nameservers.

What will you do about it because i would like to use your hosting service :)

Best Regards,

Hendrik

Uhm... what? They want me to register my nameservers with them? The Internet is based on a decentralized model.

What exactly would registering the nameservers entail? It is possible for you to use an alternate source for DNS?

Uhm... what? They want me to register my nameservers with them? The Internet is based on a decentralized model.

What exactly would registering the nameservers entail? It is possible for you to use an alternate source for DNS?

Well that is the error message i get when i try to sign your DNS servers to my domain name.

But how to solve the problem, i don't know unfortunately. :(

The error message is between the underscore lines.

The error happens because .is (Icelandic) domain name seems more special, but why i don't know.

I hope there is an easy solution, as i would like to use your hosting service :).