[Solved] MySQL Connection via ASP

Custergrant

Guest Geoff

After fiddling around a bit, I was able to get it working.

PS: You also forgot to import System.Configuration in your CodeBehind.

Also, please save the contents of your web.config file; I made some changes that you might overwrite.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I'm not an ASP programmer by default, if you can't tell. Instead of being unable to resolve the name, I am getting a type load error for the connection, but I'll check into this, and see if it's not something that I can't handle. Thank you again.

EDIT:

To be exact, this is the error that I am receiving:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent (System.String eventArgument) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent (System.String eventArgument) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent (IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, System.String eventArgument) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRaiseEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sorry for the double response. I've noticed that System.Transactions is in my bin directory now, but I am receiving data validation problems that I have traced to the Mysql.Data not being read. I'm wondering if something may have been configured improperly.

Guest Geoff

@djbob Maybe you did not install MySQLClient properly?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

We run mono version 3.5. You'll need to use that version, not .NET 4.

I've noticed that System.Transactions is in my bin directory now

Maybe you could try making the above fix, and then moving it out of your bin directory to see if the problem is resolved?

Guest Geoff
No such luck. I'm still receving the "Unable to validate data" that was traced to the Mysql.Data error.

The problem is the viewState is being compromised.

Okay. I will research that then. Sorry for the questions: I'm not a native to ASP, and I know I at least had this configured for MSSQL on my local machine, where it worked beautifully; the transition to MySQL has been less than favorable though. Thank you for the support though.

Well, if it's not too much to ask, could one of you investigate if I simply coded something wrong? Like I said, I'm not necessarily a programmer, but the primary investigator for this research, and the university simply doesn't have the software to allow what we're going to try to do on here.

Thank you very much,

[removed]

Edited by wolstech
User request to remove name