cPanel

cassandra

Can't access cPanel on Stevie

why is Stevie server load up at 115.81

and Johnny is at 0.07

(New here)

any help appreciated

Hi Cassandra, I'm new too. After just a few days reading news and posts I believe Johnny is a virtual server on a brand new server named Charlie which also hosts another virtual machine named Cody which now runs database, files and DNS and heliohost.org. So I believe the map is the following (probably I'm wrong):

Stevie

Charlie

-- Cody

-- Johnny

As people migrate from Stevie to Johnny is expected that its load will decrease, but migrating is not just a matter of load but mainly of programming base, since Johnny aims to allow ASP, and RoR has moved from Stevie to Johnny as DNS Bind was moved from Stevie to Cody.

Please note that these are not assertions but just my impressions. If the unit of measure of load used is the usual one, the load of Stevie is extremely high, and in that circumstances is normal to have response time problems.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Javier

Can't access cPanel on Stevie

why is Stevie server load up at 115.81

and Johnny is at 0.07

(New here)

any help appreciated

Hi Cassandra, I'm new too. After just a few days reading news and posts I believe Johnny is a virtual server on a brand new server named Charlie which also hosts another virtual machine named Cody which now runs database, files and DNS and heliohost.org. So I believe the map is the following (probably I'm wrong):

Stevie

Charlie

-- Cody

-- Johnny

As people migrate from Stevie to Johnny is expected that its load will decrease, but migrating is not just a matter of load but mainly of programming base, since Johnny aims to allow ASP, and RoR has moved from Stevie to Johnny as DNS Bind was moved from Stevie to Cody.

Please note that these are not assertions but just my impressions. If the unit of measure of load used is the usual one, the load of Stevie is extremely high, and in that circumstances is normal to have response time problems.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Javier

ASP.NET*, but that pretty much sums it up.

• 2 weeks later...