[Solved] Dedicated IP Conflict

Ric

Hello dear Mr.Admin

My account used to have dedicated IP address 64.62.151.107, however recently it has changed (according to cPanel) to 65.19.141.68. The old IP is directed one of my subdomains but I have no control over it. The new IP is apparently a dedicated IP for twt.heliohost.org, which uses SSL.

I have been trying to get SSL working on my site but have been unsuccessful due to the IP conflict. (Unless I delete twt.heliohost.org's SSL certificate on SSL install page in cPanel, of course) Please help my old IP address find its way home. My account name on cPanel is ric,ricw.heliohost.org

You guys are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up! =D

Thanks!

Thanks for the prompt response.

I only have control over my own ricw.heliohost.org. However I could delete twt.heliohost.org's SSL certificate and install my own if I wish (in the SSL install page).

EDIT: By

The old IP is directed to one of my subdomains but I have no control over it.
I meant that I have no control in terms of domain/IP configuration, but I can change its content.

Guest Geoff
However I could delete twt.heliohost.org's SSL certificate and install my own if I wish (in the SSL install page).

How could you delete that certificate if you don't control that domain?

However I could delete twt.heliohost.org's SSL certificate and install my own if I wish (in the SSL install page).

How could you delete that certificate if you don't control that domain?

I suspect that since both twt and I have the same "dedicated" IP, cPanel might got confused. I'm not lying =O. Here's the proof.

Guest Geoff

Sure enough; you both have the same IP:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\geoff>nslookup twt.heliohost.org
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.1.1: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    twt.heliohost.org
Address:  65.19.141.68

C:\Documents and Settings\geoff>nslookup ricw.heliohost.org
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.1.1: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ricw.heliohost.org
Address:  65.19.141.68

C:\Documents and Settings\geoff>

Turns out a lot of accounts are on 65.19.141.68 - it's not a dedicated IP. Weird that cPanel let's you delete other peoples' certificates, though.

64.62.151.107 is currently listed as having 2.rickey.asia, school.rickey.asia, secure.rickey.asia, and w.rickey.asia. Are these domains under your account?

They used to be, but not anymore. They still show up on my subdomain config page. I've tried removing them from my account but always get an error

Error from domain wrapper: subdomain 'secure.rickey.asia.ricw.heliohost.org' does not exist for user 'ric'
. I get that error for all four of them (2.rickey.asia, school.rickey.asia, secure.rickey.asia, and w.rickey.asia).

One more thing: They don't show up as a "normal" subdomain. Instead they show up as subdomains under the root domain "."

Guest Geoff

For reference, while attempting to remove 2.rickey.asia, the following error occurred:

2.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
w2.2.rickey.asia has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
translation.rickeyw.com has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune lis
ltc.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
w.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
wiki.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune lis
ric.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
rickeyasia.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to pru
z.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list
ltc2.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune lis
translation.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to pr
secure.ricw.heliohost.org has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune l
wiki.ricw.heliohost.org_SSL has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune
2.secure.rickey.asia has an orphaned cache file... deleting and adding to prune list

Those subdomains have been removed.

Wow I've deleted these subdomains since stone age...

Unfortunately, yes. =( 2.rickey.asia, school.rickey.asia, secure.rickey.asia and w.rickey.asia are all there on subdomain config page still...

You can just remove/reset all my domain stuff if that's easier for you. I wouldn't mind.

Guest Geoff
You can just remove/reset all my domain stuff if that's easier for you. I wouldn't mind.

Problem is, that didn't work. Let's see what djbob says.

@Ric: Would you mind if i logged into your cpanel and tried to fix this?

Sorry djbob still the same error.

Error from domain wrapper: subdomain '2.rickey.asia.ricw.heliohost.org' does not exist for user 'ric'

@Geoff No not at all. Can I PM you the password? Is that okay?