Stevie or Johnny

FIlIPy65

Hello there,

thank you for the great service!

I was a couple of days trying to sign up an account on the (unique allowed) server Stevie, and it was always full, now that Johnny is up, i finally got my account on this great service.

But attempting to topics and the self review here: http://www.heliohost.org/home/signup

i wonder if Stevie may be the best choice for me, because i own just my personal site and park one domain, just PHP, and can have Python some time, no JSP, no ASP and no plan to these and i like stability. :)

This way, it's possible the admin move my account?

(I opened this, since other topics are for move to johnny.)

Best regards.

Guest Geoff

If you are just using PHP and MySQL, i would recommend that you stick with stevie. Python should be OK, but we might take django off stevie to improve stability.

1) Make a backup of all your files, ready for restoring (as your current account will be deleted).

2) Download this file and upload it to /public_html : http://heliohost.uni.cc/remove_site.txt

3) Rename the file to 'remove_site.php' and then navigate to the file in your web browser (eg. yoursite.com/remove_site.php)

4) Post a reply to this pinned topic, which includes your domain and cPanel username.

5) An administrator will reply, telling you that your account has been deleted and to wait 24 hours.

6) Signup to HelioHost again through HelioHost.org. Make sure you choose the server you desire.

7) Wait for approximately 48 hours for your new account to become active.

8) Restore your backups.

Just to confirm, do you wish to move from Johnny to Stevie?

Hello there,

i'm finnaly on Stevie and very happy :) but i have some silly doubts.

1. On Johnny, it's showed anonymous ftp, didn't tried, but is it available? Why Stevie doesn't show it?

2. The signup page says that "Stevie does not have Ruby on Rails", but on CPanel i see it, didn't tried too, but is it available on Stevie or just a forgoten link...?

Thank you everybody for all.

Cheers!

Guest Geoff
1. On Johnny, it's showed anonymous ftp, didn't tried, but is it available? Why Stevie doesn't show it?

We just have not disabled that on johnny yet.

2. The signup page says that "Stevie does not have Ruby on Rails", but on CPanel i see it, didn't tried too, but is it available on Stevie or just a forgoten link...?

Uhm... If you manage to get a ruby on rails application working on stevie, let us know.