[Solved] RedMine Install

Complite

Hi,

I was hoping you guys could help me out with installing redmine.

I would be able to do it myself but it requires shell access.

Its a pretty simple process, available at http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineInstall

Otherwise if there is a way to run the commands found on that page without needing SSH then im all ears!

i have looked on google, looked through the forums and can't seem to find a workaround, but im not very experienced in the various script types.

Thanks!

Guest Geoff

Actually, you should be able to do all of that (with a little more trouble) w/out SSH.

See how far you can get on your own, then post back with the step your having trouble with.

Hi,

I can do all the set up stuff, but when it comes to having to run 'rake generate_session_store', i'm lost.

I've looked at another forum on HelioNet, where the user mentions running these lines through a cgi script, but i can't work out how to do it.

Do i need to do anything to enable this sort of cgi script to run?

I've been googling it all for a while now and have come up with nothing..

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

I'm going to try doing this in a Cron Job, i'll let you know how it goes.

--UPDATE--

I set the code as a cron job, but realised it was the wrong code so edited it, but then when the job ran it still ran with the old code (and failed)...

I went to remove the cron job so it wouldnt run again, but it did not appear in my list.. do they get deleted once they run?

Cheers.