[Solved] When will the account be ready?

oberon

It's seem like the server keep delaying my registration.

Yesterday I saw was suppose to be completely created at this time but when I check it back again, it's changed the date. <_<

Username? Domain name?

It's seem like the server keep delaying my registration.

Yesterday I saw was suppose to be completely created at this time but when I check it back again, it's changed the date. <_<

Username? Domain name?

Username is pspcode and domain name is pspcode.helionet.org.

Registred yesterday but still not yet pass 48hours so I cant complain anything. :lol:

But it was suppose to be created in 24hours but keep dalayed till 48hours... and I am not sure would it keep on delay or not :S

Edit: I was orignally at 207 in the database, after 22hours of waiting dropped to 197 and I think its delayed further again.

So based on the number, to reach my turn I have to wait 440hours for complete registration. Since 10 turn = 22 hours, therefore 197turns /10 x 22hours = 440 hours [round up]

Yeah, the bihourly cronjob broke again. I think it might be because of a huge suspension queue, so I limited those runs. Hopefully that will help.

Why not switch to manual mode registration? It's lighten the server burden and much faster.

By the way, my application is delayed by another one hour again :(

Since the script doesn't give accurate info, I don't how much longer I need to wait...

Guest Geoff
Why not switch to manual mode registration? It's lighten the server burden and much faster.

What do you mean, manual mode registration?

What do you mean, manual mode registration?

Instead of using cron, administrator manage the application one by one manually.

That mean all admins have to do is look though the pending application and activate the account with a click.

On the other hand, admins also could detect any spam or fake application easily.

A last question, when I read "Thursday 17th of March..." on the status link in your signature, does it mean my local time or server time? Which I guess would be tomorrow in that case as I think to have understood that the server is in the US, this would also mean that all EU applicants would actually have another 12-24 Hrs on top of your predicted hours.

Would be great to know!

Cheers

Guest Geoff
Instead of using cron, administrator manage the application one by one manually.

That mean all admins have to do is look though the pending application and activate the account with a click.

On the other hand, admins also could detect any spam or fake application easily.

1. It takes about a couple minutes to create each account. The accounts we 'approve' would still go in a queue because I wouldn't want to wait three minutes waiting for the page to load.

2. Most of that stuff is filtered out by recaptcha. In fact, 99% of the applications are legit, problem is that there are so many.

A last question, when I read "Thursday 17th of March..." on the status link in your signature, does it mean my local time or server time? Which I guess would be tomorrow in that case as I think to have understood that the server is in the US, this would also mean that all EU applicants would actually have another 12-24 Hrs on top of your predicted hours.

Server time. (PST)

I used to approve accounts manually, but there are too many of them and creating them all at once would take the server down. They're in a queue to stagger the load throughout the day.