[Solved] When will the account be ready?

oberon

Hi I was about to post yesterday evening to check about my status. I registered Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM CET I think that's 48 hours now? Are there any problems with registrations or is there anything else wrong why this is taking so long? I mean no offence and also no problem but then don't say 24 min to 48 max.

Please let me know and also if I was to fast, like I said I live CET so this could be my issue I guess.

I would like to know what was wrong with my username what are the guidelines so I know in advance. And sorry if I have not read your post, I also received no email that my username or what so ever is wrong so I had a good reason to post also given that your email address states no-reply. So please don't be angry, I just want to understand what's wrong so I can correct it and don't have to post anymore.

Please help me.

Guest Geoff

We're not angry at you; I don't know why we would be. You haven't posted your username, so I can't tell you anything more.

We're not angry at you; I don't know why we would be. You haven't posted your username, so I can't tell you anything more.

Username was

4n4lin7r

And I requested this, dunno maybe the cyphers?

ali.heliohost.org

my new request is hope that is fine, why don't you have a checking system for user and domain?

user oberon

domain oberon.heliohost.org

And thanks for the service checking page above, this helps a lot.

And one more question can I change my name here (forum) to oberon as well?

You can check the status of your account here: http://heliohost.org/scripts/status.php?username=oberon

I can't find the first account that you created.

Ehm, yeah I had an email saying that it was not created due to my username sorry forgot to mention.

Then I just found this review:

Heliohost Featured Review

heliohost.org has tiny, flash based website which is hard to read and understand. While heliohost.org team says they offer free hosting for everyone, it's not 100% true.

You need to pay for heliohost.org hosting services using "helions" For example, the smallest package with 150 MB space and 1500 MB bandwidth costs 250 hellions per month. So what are these mystic hellions? Hellions are forum posts. If you think "oh, just another provider that requires to make posts on forums" you are absolutely right. They have some restrictions too. For example, if you will use bad grammar while posting, account will be deleted. Not very funny...

heliohost.org also offers packages with banner ads, but your website will be full of their advertisements, and it's not the best option too. So everything is up to you. If you have lots of time to spend on heliohost.org forums just to keep hosting account active, go and signup with this provider. Otherwise, search our directory for another free hosting - you will find plenty of them!

Is this a joke, I know that the disk-space would be low but all the options and of course I also have an account on their site, I simply want to be able to install WordPress and have the plugins and all other stuff in the back-end working without restrictions. I might install several other scripts but it mainly that issue I'm having with most hosts either they are to slow or wont connect to other sites like the plugin repository on WordPress I think that's ill and I expected that to work here and I was also interested if fork cms works here?

I hope that article is a big joke and simply competition.

It used to be like that... like 3 years ago. Check the timestamp on the review. It's probably very old. Note that djbob (our founder/owner/BDFL) was a teenager in high school when it was like that.

As for fork cms, we wouldn't know. You could check yourself by comparing the dependencies listed on their website with the features we offer and see if everything matches up.

Guest Geoff

That review came from 000webhost. Even the comments say that it's out of date.

I hope that article is a big joke and simply competition.

That would be absolutely right. The guy behind 000webhost is a buisinessperson trying to get ppl to buy hosting24