Uploading before transfer

Coogan

Hi,

I recently created an account using my own .com domain name that I've been using for a while now.

I'm transferring servers from my old host because they refuse to let me use PHP's fsockopen() which, if I remember correctly, you guys do :P

My actual question is: Is there some way for me to upload my site via FTP before I change my domain's records?

The site's used frequently and I'd rather not have downtime while I update DNS, wait for it to propegate and then upload everything.

I'd much prefer to have everything on HelioHost beforehand.

Cheers!

I just use stevie.heliohost.org. Really, they all go to the same server; just use any domain hosted by heliohost port 21.

I understand that and I normally use ftp.stevie.heliohost.org or my domain name but ftp.stevie.heliohost.org doesn't seem to be working anymore, at least mot for me.

EDIT: At the time of this post, login attempt fails to stevie.heliohost.org:

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/test/ftp_login_stevie.php

Yeah, ftp.stevie.heliohost.org is the proper one (or ftp.mydomain.heliohost.org). ;)

I'm not sure if heliohost.org or ftp.heliohost.org works, but (if they do) they will become obsolete when Charlie is up and running.

Yeah, ftp.stevie.heliohost.org is the proper one (or ftp.mydomain.heliohost.org). ;)

I'm not sure if heliohost.org or ftp.heliohost.org works, but (if they do) they will become obsolete when Charlie is up and running.

ftp.stevie.heliohost.org doesn't work anymore. Just plain stevie.heliohost.org works now. ftp.heliohost.org still works.