500 Internal Server error

nero

Just now the server load was ridiculously high (100). Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. :)

I'm not completely sure how the suspension system works, but I believe it is told to suspend a certain number of accounts per day. ;)

While your idea is good, this would put even more pressure on the server. Our plan is to open up signups to Charlie when he has been configured. ;)

Just now the server load was ridiculously high (100). Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. :)

I'm not completely sure how the suspension system works, but I believe it is told to suspend a certain number of accounts per day. ;)

While your idea is good, this would put even more pressure on the server. Our plan is to open up signups to Charlie when he has been configured. ;)

Will we be able to request a move to Charlie?

Btw...Cody=Johnny right? So Charlie will actually be the 3rd server?

At the moment we have no intention of moving websites from Stevie to Charlie, but we are planning on opening signups to Charlie within the next few months. Stevie will be much more stable when new signups are being handled by Charlie anyway. ;) This intention may change in the future though.

We have only two servers, Stevie and Charlie. Stevie is currently handling all our customers websites (22,000 websites) while Charlie is currently handling just the official HelioHost and HelioNet websites (2 websites).

Charlie is partitioned in halves, one half is called 'Cody' and the other called 'Johnny'. ;)

Well we trust whatever you guys determine is best :)
Thanks. :)

At the moment, the server load is at 72.00 , which has interrupted most services (including FTP and cPanel). All services should be normalized when it is at 20.00 . ;)

Guest Geoff
I was reading up on this topic in Escalated and see that you're undergoing a major purge of the system of inactive/suspended accounts. Out of curiosity, is that a continually ongoing process or is it run during specific hours of the day?

We run an account script every 30 minutes that:

- Creates any new accounts registered on the signup page

- Deletes inactive accounts

However, since heliohost has thousands of accounts, it isn't possible to just delete (2000*250mb) of data in a few minutes. Therefore, the script has to be run every 30 minutes, and, when there is an excess of accounts, can take up to a month to process all of the excess accounts.

Did that answer your question?

Well we trust whatever you guys determine is best :)
Thanks. :)

At the moment, the server load is at 72.00 , which has interrupted most services (including FTP and cPanel). All services should be normalized when it is at 20.00 . ;)

Well...I haven't seen it drop below 20.00 at any given time in the last 24 hours, but this could very well be me just not looking at the right time of course. In terms of server load it's obviously not working off of percentages, what does the number represent exactly. At what point is "red lining"? And when does the engine theoretically blow?

I was reading up on this topic in Escalated and see that you're undergoing a major purge of the system of inactive/suspended accounts. Out of curiosity, is that a continually ongoing process or is it run during specific hours of the day?

We run an account script every 30 minutes that:

- Creates any new accounts registered on the signup page

- Deletes inactive accounts

However, since heliohost has thousands of accounts, it isn't possible to just delete (2000*250mb) of data in a few minutes. Therefore, the script has to be run every 30 minutes, and, when there is an excess of accounts, can take up to a month to process all of the excess accounts.

Did that answer your question?

Well yeah :) I had assumed that you might do something along the lines of 3am-5am intensive and then low priority during the rest of the day.

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not...I'm getting a lot of admin attention in a short span ;)

In all seriousness, thanks for responding!

Guest Geoff
Well yeah I had assumed that you might do something along the lines of 3am-5am intensive and then low priority during the rest of the day.

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not...I'm getting a lot of admin attention in a short span

In all seriousness, thanks for responding!

Problem is, 3-5am is a different time for everyone (think globally).

Well...I haven't seen it drop below 20.00 at any given time in the last 24 hours, but this could very well be me just not looking at the right time of course. In terms of server load it's obviously not working off of percentages, what does the number represent exactly. At what point is "red lining"? And when does the engine theoretically blow?

Well, yes, basically the server load is a number. This number is usually under the x.xx format and can have values starting from 0.00. It expresses how may processes are waiting in the queue to access the processor(s). Of course, this is calculated for a certain period of time and of course, the smaller the number, the better. A high number is often associated with a decrease in the performance of the server.

Actually, HDD is our biggest bottleneck, not CPU.