[Solved] super privilege in mysql?

agi

Hi,

I'm trying to use triggers in mysql which require the "super" privilege. In cpanel there's no option to grant this privilege to a user (I gave all privileges to the user in cpanel but that doesn't include the super privilege.) So when I try to import my database in phpmyadmin it gives this error: "#1227 - Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation ". So I tried this: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database. * TO 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password', it gives this error: #1044 - Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' to database 'database'. Can someone help me with this?

Many thanks,

Agi

Have you tried logging into mysql with your cpanel username/password?

Yes, I was logged in with the cpanel user.

Couldn't you just export/import the tables in the database instead of the whole database?

The tables themselves could be imported, but there are also some stored procedures, functions and triggers I want to import, and the problem is with the triggers. For example, when a row gets inserted into a table, I want a procedure to run automatically, that's what I need the triggers for. I tried to import a table with a trigger: the table was created and all the rows were imported but the trigger couldn't be created, I saw the error message instead.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can help you. With our version of MySQL you seem to need the SUPER privilege to work with triggers, but we can't grant those privileges because it allows you to do all sorts of other things we don't want to allow you to do.

I would recommend looking for a non-cPanel host, or alternately trying PgSQL or SQLite. Sorry :(

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can help you. With our version of MySQL you seem to need the SUPER privilege to work with triggers, but we can't grant those privileges because it allows you to do all sorts of other things we don't want to allow you to do.

I would recommend looking for a non-cPanel host, or alternately trying PgSQL or SQLite. Sorry :(

Ok, thanks anyway... :(