[Solved] php.ini

Kero Yugi

You're probably not going to be able to run your game server. We don't support MSSQL because we run on Linux, not Windows. We also don't support users modifying global php settings. A game server (usually) uses a lot of resources, which we wouldn't allow. Moreover, is a private Cabal server even legal?

You're probably not going to be able to run your game server. We don't support MSSQL because we run on Linux, not Windows. We also don't support users modifying global php settings. A game server (usually) uses a lot of resources, which we wouldn't allow. Moreover, is a private Cabal server even legal?

take it easy fella

i didn't ask you to host my database i only need you to allow me to connect to MSSQL.

btw my server is only for friends i have 5 accounts registered i'm NOT hosting CABAL.com on heliohost i understand the servers are not only for me

check the domain created date from created date only me who enter site "ONLY ME".

i hope you understand and help..!

Guest Geoff
take it easy fella

That's not something to tell the 2nd in command of this hosting provider.

i didn't ask you to host my database i only need you to allow me to connect to MSSQL.

I don't think you understand: We can't do that. It's virtually impossible.

btw my server is only for friends i have 5 accounts registered i'm NOT hosting CABAL.com on heliohost i understand the servers are not only for me

If your site causes high server load, it will be suspended.

take it easy fella

That's not something to tell the 2nd in command of this hosting provider.

I apologize.

I don't think you understand: We can't do that. It's virtually impossible.

If your site causes high server load, it will be suspended.

btw my site doesn't cause high server load

it's now only VB.

that means bottom line CANNOT BE.

Thanks anyway.

It looks like it's possible; see here. That said, we can't just recompile PHP when requested - it's an intensive operation. I'll add it in next time we're recompiling.

Kero Yugi: No, you can't modify php.ini. Yes, it's hidden from you. Even if you could modify php.ini, you would still be unable to include any MSSQL extensions, as they haven't been compiled/installed on this system. And ".dll" is an extension for Windows systems. On *NIX systems, usually the extension ".so" is used.

It looks like it's possible; see here. That said, we can't just recompile PHP when requested - it's an intensive operation. I'll add it in next time we're recompiling.

{PREPARE SOURCE CODE

step 1: download latest php version

step 2: un-tar the php source code

step 3: download latest freetds version

step 4: un-tar the freetds source code } This must be already installed on the server, right?

{INSTALL THE FREETDS

step 5: make sure there is a writable directory at /usr/local/freetds

step 6: "cd" to the freetds source directory

step 7: run "sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --enable-msdblib"

step 8: run "sudo make"

step 9: run "sudo make install"

step 10: run "touch /usr/local/freetds/include/tds.h" (add blank, but necessary files)

step 11: run "touch /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtds.a" (add blank, but necessary files) }

I tried to install it from Perl module but i get this:

"Installing "DBD::FreeTDS" Perl Module

Testing connection speed...(using fast method)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors1.kernel.org using pureperl...(60800.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors2.kernel.org using pureperl...(60800.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors.kernel.org using pureperl...(60800.00 bytes/s)...Done

Three usable mirrors located

Mirror Check passed for mirrors1.kernel.org (/index.html)

Method: Perl Expect

Testing connection speed...(using fast method)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors1.kernel.org using pureperl...(30400.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors2.kernel.org using pureperl...(60800.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors.kernel.org using pureperl...(30400.00 bytes/s)...Done

Three usable mirrors located

Mirror Check passed for mirrors2.kernel.org (/index.html)

Disabling /bin/wget since LWP is available at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPCPAN/Config.pm line 82.

Disabling /bin/ftp since Net::FTP is available at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPCPAN/Config.pm line 87.

Going to read '/home1/keroyugi/.cpan/Metadata'

Database was generated on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 05:34:05 GMT

Running install for module 'DBD::FreeTDS'

The module DBD::FreeTDS isn't available on CPAN. // I think that means it didn't install anything, right?

Either the module has not yet been uploaded to CPAN, or it is

temporary unavailable. Please contact the author to find out

more about the status. Try 'i DBD::FreeTDS'.

perlmod--Install done

{INSTALL THE PHP

step 11: "cd" to the php source directory

step 12: run "sudo ./configure --disable-all --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds"

step 13: run "sudo make"

step 14: run "sudo make install"} // This must be already installed on the server, right?