[Solved] My domain hasn't changed yet?

khallows

The reason why it was queued was that there was a bug with the server that /everyone/ had. I fixed that like two hours ago.

His site was actually showing the queued page even after you fixed the bug. I changed his domain a couple of days ago from:

handmadebyerika.heliohost.org to handmadebyerika.com

and it hasn't resolved yet.

Well the server load images are kinda reserved for the administrators.

Your domain is showing active in the database which is par for it to become active tomorrow. Just try and have a little patience and leave the nameservers as they are and you can check it first thing in the morning.

Aren't you an admin? Lol?

I have the registar temp. forwarding the domain to another place. The name servers are going to HelioHost.org though. I've logged into cPanel and the main domain still hasn't changed :(

Do you think it's possible, if the domain doesn't change by friday; that djbob can add me to the top of the queue or manually change it?

jje I'm going to go ahead and escalate this since he's still seeing his original domain name at his cpanel.

@djbob: I changed his domain about 3 days ago from:

handmadebyerika.heliohost.org

to

handmadebyerika.com

and he's still seeing handmadebyerika.heliohost.org at his cpanel.

Your domain is showing active in the database which is par for it to become active tomorrow. Just try and have a little patience and leave the nameservers as they are and you can check it first thing in the morning.

Yeah that's true I'm still seeing it in cPanel. Thanks for escalating it. Hopefully it's just taking a while because of the transfers/crashes we've had lately.

As for the Sig, why am I not allowed to have it. Lol, I feel like I broke some rule but I have no clue what :P

Right, Byron is, and you are not.

Every time that image loads, server resources are being used. Yes this is minimal with something simple like Bryon's script, but letting users put anything they want in their sigs sets a scary precedent, especially when like Bryon said, the image is reserved for admins.

As per my original post, my question was exactly that--a question. I wasn't accusing you of anything. If you can give a good reason regarding why you need the server load image in your signature, then I'll probably allow it. However, simply "why not?" does not seem like a reasonable argument to me.

@rvt that's probably a better idea than what we have now. Someone should talk to djbob about hosting stats onsite (heliohost.org.)

Right, Byron is, and you are not.

Every time that image loads, server resources are being used. Yes this is minimal with something simple like Bryon's script, but letting users put anything they want in their sigs sets a scary precedent, especially when like Bryon said, the image is reserved for admins.

As per my original post, my question was exactly that--a question. I wasn't accusing you of anything. If you can give a good reason regarding why you need the server load image in your signature, then I'll probably allow it. However, simply "why not?" does not seem like a reasonable argument to me.

@rvt that's probably a better idea than what we have now. Someone should talk to djbob about hosting stats onsite (heliohost.org.)

I am sorry about that question

I did not know he was responding about the Sig.

I took this to mean server load images as in the tables Admin's can see of the queue. That is why I was asking how come he himself cannot see it. I thought he was saying something else. Sorry I had limited time to reply.

The reason I put it up was because I wanted to be able to see it any time I was on the forum. Sometimes there isn't an admin in sight and I cannot find the server load without going to the server load link.

I didn't think it would be too much because Stevie handles 22,000 + users and this forum. Loading a few hundred of those Sigs would equal maybe half a minute spent on a website hosted on Stevie. If it's such a big problem and seems to set such a rebellious image for Users against Admins/Stevie's resources I won't bother. I will just wait for the stats to be integrated. But enough talk about this stuff :D It's taking up too much of Stevie's and our time. A simple heads up would have worked :P

Sorry if I'm completely wrong and Sig's do take more resources then inferred. Cheers.

Admins: Let's continue the discussion in the moderator forum. Let me know what scripts you want me to put up on heliohost.org and I can probably stick them up.

khallows: Okay, you should have the new domain now.

Admins: Let's continue the discussion in the moderator forum. Let me know what scripts you want me to put up on heliohost.org and I can probably stick them up.

khallows: Okay, you should have the new domain now.

Thanks djbob. You're the best, and the baddest around town :D