[Solved] My domain hasn't changed yet?

khallows

At the time of this post your domain isn't pointed to us.

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/php/tools....com&rec=NS

Should be:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Grrr. What's wrong now? I'm pointing it to the right name servers, but for some reason it's still resolving around the old IP/hosting service? I guess I need to wait for the DNS records to propagate. I find it odd it's taking so long because yesterday I was switching records every half hour and everything was nice and dandy.

Status

The NS records are fine, but the A records aren't. I should just wait the day?

At the time of this post your domain isn't pointed to us.

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/php/tools....com&rec=NS

Should be:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Grrr. What's wrong now? I'm pointing it to the right name servers, but for some reason it's still resolving around the old IP/hosting service? I guess I need to wait for the DNS records to propagate. I find it odd it's taking so long because yesterday I was switching records every half hour and everything was nice and dandy.

Status

The NS records are fine, but the A records aren't. I should just wait the day?

And how come this shows a different status for the NX records? Byron shows that it's on ns1.heliohost.org and ns2. but What is my DNS says

Tulsa OK, United States (Cox)

Atlanta GA, United States (Speakeasy) ns2.heliohost.org.

ns1.heliohost.org.

Orlando FL, United States (@quasar)

Providence RI, United States (Verizon)

Denver CO, United States (Speakeasy)

Dallas TX, United States (Speakeasy) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

London, United Kingdom (BT Global)

Paris, France (Kaptech) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

Rome, Italy (Telecom Italia)

Moscow, Russia (Petersburg Internet) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

Istanbul, Turkey (TTNET)

Nurnberg, Germany (Hetzner Online)

Hong Kong, China (PCCW) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

Sydney NSW, Australia (Exetel) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

Melbourne VIC, Australia (Optus) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

Auckland, New Zealand (Xtra) ns2.freehosting.com.

ns1.freehosting.com.

And a second before that it had IP addresses for some of the records. I think I just over did it maybe. Switching name servers like socks for the past two days.

Common Byron and Geoff. I see you guys reading this topic. Give me some reassuring words and that I didn't screw up my records, and that I don't have to call my registrar and tell him I'm $*##ed.

Sometimes it can take up to 72 hours for the dns to propagate but I think you'll be ok in another 24. :)

Yeah I'm going crazy because this is my customer's site :D and I don't want them to be like WTF was my site down half the day every day for the past week. Lol. I just hope my cPanel main domain changes by the time DNS points to it. :P

It'll probably be ok after the server does a restart at around 3:00 am pst.

I wrote a big message and for some reason it did not post :( Basically my registrar is pointing in the right place but I still see the wrong website. I go here http://handmadebyerika.com/ and that takes me to my old Freehosting.com . The heliohost site has http://handmadebyerika.heliohost.org/ a category in the top right named NEW. Everything is pointing in the right direction except it's not going in the right direction.

On top of that my cPanel still says my main domain is handmadebyerika.heliohost.org .

Please help me out :(

When I go here:

http://handmadebyerika.com

I'm seeing the Heliohost Queued page, which means it's going to be another 24 hours. It probably would have been ok today but Stevie went down early this morning. You have to remember when I changed your domain name it put you at the bottom of the queued list. If you'll just leave the nameservers like they are you want keep having to wait for propagation on your domain name. Do me a favor while we are on the subject and check at your cpanel and see if your still showing handmadebyerika.com as a parked domain.

When I go here:

http://handmadebyerika.com

I'm seeing the Heliohost Queued page, which means it's going to be another 24 hours. It probably would have been ok today but Stevie went down early this morning. You have to remember when I changed your domain name it put you at the bottom of the queued list. If you'll just leave the nameservers like they are you want keep having to wait for propagation on your domain name. Do me a favor while we are on the subject and check at your cpanel and see if your still showing handmadebyerika.com as a parked domain.

Yeah I checked from another computer in the house and handmadebyerika.com it also went to the queued page.

On my computer it still went to the old site. I cleared my cache a billion times but it still took me to a real site. HOW ODD?

I had put handmadebyerika.com as a parked domain for like too minutes just now to see if that would fix it. I took it off though :D

Is it fine if I redirect handmadebyerika.com to another site while it's down? I don't want people seeing the HelioHost queue thing. Looks embarrassing. If I did a temporary redirect to another site would that screw me any further?

Well now you just made everything complicated.

The reason why it was queued was that there was a bug with the server that /everyone/ had. I fixed that like two hours ago.

...and why do you have the server load in your sig?

I had put handmadebyerika.com as a parked domain for like too minutes just now to see if that would fix it. I took it off though :D

That probably wasn't a good idea. I was worried that you adding it as a parked domain and at the same time I was changing the domain name to the same name might have screwed with the domain name change process. That's why I had you check again. Let's just hope it didn't. :)

If godaddy offers an option to redirect without changing the nameservers than go for it.

Well now you just made everything complicated.

The reason why it was queued was that there was a bug with the server that /everyone/ had. I fixed that like two hours ago.

...and why do you have the server load in your sig?

Wait why can't I have the server load? And my domain still hasn't been changed... So yeah...

That probably wasn't a good idea. I was worried that you adding it as a parked domain and at the same time I was changing the domain name to the same name might have screwed with the domain name change process. That's why I had you check again. Let's just hope it didn't. :)

If godaddy offers an option to redirect without changing the nameservers than go for it.

Is there anyway for you to see that I'm in the queue for the name change?

Well the server load images are kinda reserved for the administrators.

Your domain is showing active in the database which is par for it to become active tomorrow. Just try and have a little patience and leave the nameservers as they are and you can check it first thing in the morning.