[Solved] Can't tell what uses up space

CMMDB

Hey!

I'm having some problems with the amount of space I have for the site. Actual site components (Images,scripts and databases) only take up about 35 MB, but the "Disk space usage" stat shows as maxed out at 250 MB and specifically 211 MB in the "Other" category. I can't for the life of me find what is eating up all that space and as such can't do anything about it.

Some info that may be related:

I had some problems a small while ago with the php script phpThumb (creates thumbnails from pictures), which flooded the space with error logs.I have cleared those out and will either fix the script or replace it.

My username and domain name is cmmdb

I had some problems a small while ago with the php script phpThumb (creates thumbnails from pictures), which flooded the space with error logs.I have cleared those out and will either fix the script or replace it.

You might want to check your site for core files.

You might want to check your site for core files.

Core files meaning what exactly? I only cleared out the log files themselves via the new file manager.

core_dump files will sometimes get dumped because of php errors. They are VERY large files that will eat up your space pretty quickly. Upload this script to your root directory and give it a .php extension.

http://heliohost.uni.cc/site_search.txt

Type core as the file name and it will search your entire site.

Thanks. Unfortunately it finds nothing. (It does work, it finds all my index files fine)

The disk quota checker script only runs so often. I'm not actually sure what the interval is, though...

Has the problem fixed itself by now?

Nope, it still shows 250/250 MB. The only change is a slight increase in the "Other" category (to 212 MB).