Signup Broken?

techneektv

Hey there,

I've been trying for about a week to sign up for Helio Host. Everytime I try, I get a message telling me that all the signup spots for today have been used, and to try again tomorrow at 12:00 western time. I've tried at very early times, but I still can't get an account. Can someone help me out, or make an account for me? I really need to get a website up.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Just have a look at the bottom right corner of this page. you will see time section there. that time zone is used by all the helio services. Keep an eye on that time. just after it crosses the specified time, try to sign up for the new account. it will work. don't worry. I too got this error message the first day and on second day, i had a working account.

The idea is to only let people sign up who really want to sign up. Heliohost is limited on resources, and it takes a lot of resources to create an account. We want people who will create an account, and stick with it. Not people who will create an account, and then change their minds and not use their account.

Also, right now, we have too many old accounts that people no longer use, that we are trying to delete. This takes a lot of time, so right now, we are limiting signups until we can shed all of the inactive accounts.

@ ADMINS: by the way, how many sign ups are allowed per day? Whats the idea behind limiting the number of sign ups? I think you should increase the limit because some days before i saw another user having same problem.

I don't know the signup limit off the top of my head. As for the idea, we have more than 20000 accounts on the server(s) right now. That's more than what cPanel uses to load test their software. We have to throttle the amount of accounts we have or else everyone will suffer slowdown.

Nope. Here is my php script:

<?php 

$thetimeis = getdate($_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME']); 
            $thehour = $thetimeis['hours']; 
            $theminute = $thetimeis['minutes']; 
            $thesecond = $thetimeis['seconds']; 

$time_left = 24 - $thehour;   

if($thehour > 12){ 
            $thehour = $thehour - 12; 
            $dn = "PM"; 
        }else{ 
            $dn = "AM"; 
        } 

?> 

<h1> When to sign up</h1> <br />

<?php if ($time_left != 0) { ?>

Please wait <?php echo $time_left; ?> hours before signing up.   

<?php }
else {?>
<br />

<h4>HURRY UP AND SIGNUP BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES FIRST!<h4>

<?php }?>
<br />

<script type="text/javascript">
setTimeout('window.location.reload();', 60000);
</script>

<?php echo $thehour; ?>

And here is my htaccess:

ErrorDocument 500 /home/gfishing/errors/500.htm
ErrorDocument 400 /home/gfishing/errors/400.htm

<FilesMatch "error_log">
deny from all
</FilesMatch>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Options +ExecCGI

Yet, on the forums, the hour is "12", when on my script, the hour is "4". I can't figure it out.

The time on the forum isn't correct, so don't even go by that. Try my simple script and see if you get the same results. I had to change the time zone in my script because my site is set for Eastern time in my htaccess file. Also remember php hours are like this - 00 to 23.

<?php
# set time zone
putenv("TZ=US/Pacific");

# get current hour
$hr = date("G");

# get current minute
$min = date("i");

# subtract time remaining
$hrlft = 23 - $hr;
$minlft = 60 - $min;

# OUTPUT
echo "Today's date ".date("F j, Y, g:i a")."<br />";
echo "Signups reset in $hrlft hours $minlft minutes <font color=\"#000080\">(12:00 am pst)</font>";
?>

http://heliohost.uni.cc/sign-up.php

EDIT: I just checked yours and it seems to be showing the correct hours remaining. So I'm guessing your ok. :)