Soul Summoner (ROX)

Hi people, I have some questions.

1. I've noticed that most of the time I access any helios page the request fail at the first time and after reload the page it opens. Is this a problem that I probably will get in my website hosted in helios?

2. How is the status of the servers and where I can find this information without asking you all the time?

3. I noticed many people in the internet says that helios has very good features but a big delay to maintenance theirs websites and most of the time the website is down. Many reviews I saw are old and probably it is not the same as it is today but I would like to confirm with you, really, if this is true until today.

Well, all above is important to me not only to get a free web host but to help on maintenance and get a better service/community (because helios sounds like a community).

I hope you see this without any offensive word.

Thanks!

1) The HelioHost website is very popular, meaning that it can be down quite alot. Especially HelioNet, as it runs many complex commands for every user. We are currently configuring our new server, Charlie, and this will balance out the server load meaning that downtime will be rare.

2) There is a 'Current Server Load' image in Wizard, Byron and jje's (me) signature. The server is running smoothly without error if it is below 20.00 .

Any news will be posted here: http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showforum=1

Site uptime info can be found here: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?I...p;UserId=122488

Down for everyone or just you? downforeveryoneorjustme.com/heliohost.org

We are working on a new Q&A site, which could possibly be hosted externally meaning it will be available whem HelioHost is down (unconfirmed).

3) HelioHost is quite reliable (we have a 90% uptime), and it will be much more reliable when Charlie is configured.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

1. I've noticed that most of the time I access any helios page the request fail at the first time and after reload the page it opens. Is this a problem that I probably will get in my website hosted in helios?

2. How is the status of the servers and where I can find this information without asking you all the time?

3. I noticed many people in the internet says that helios has very good features but a big delay to maintenance theirs websites and most of the time the website is down. Many reviews I saw are old and probably it is not the same as it is today but I would like to confirm with you, really, if this is true until today.

Well, all above is important to me not only to get a free web host but to help on maintenance and get a better service/community (because helios sounds like a community).

Thanks!

Hey soul, i see you are new to helios. well when i joined it, i too got the same error pages for about one week. sometimes, i was unable to open my cpanel. sometimes my homepage didn't load. but soon everything went fine. At that time, server load used to be around 30-40, but these days i never see it above 20. Now everything is fine for me.

3. I noticed many people in the internet says that helios has very good features but a big delay to maintenance theirs websites and most of the time the |||| website is down |||. Many reviews I saw are old and probably it is not the same as it is today but I would like to confirm with you, really, if this is true until today.

One more thing,i'd like to tell you that: whatever you are getting here for free is far better than other free web hosting services. I have tried some of them namely 110mb.com, webs, x10. Some of them placed ads, some were slow and rest didn't give the flexibility, you enjoy here.

Hi, have you read the Support FAQ? Most of your questions are answered there.

Hi Wizard, yes, I read all the FAQ but still I had been confused with some things. Thanks for you reply.

1) The HelioHost website is very popular, meaning that it can be down quite alot. Especially HelioNet, as it runs many complex commands for every user. We are currently configuring our new server, Charlie, and this will balance out the server load meaning that downtime will be rare.

2) There is a 'Current Server Load' image in Wizard, Byron and jje's (me) signature. The server is running smoothly without error if it is below 20.00 .

Any news will be posted here: http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showforum=1

Site uptime info can be found here: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?I...p;UserId=122488

Down for everyone or just you? downforeveryoneorjustme.com/heliohost.org

We are working on a new Q&A site, which could possibly be hosted externally meaning it will be available whem HelioHost is down (unconfirmed).

3) HelioHost is quite reliable (we have a 90% uptime), and it will be much more reliable when Charlie is configured.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Hi jje! It sounds great!

Could you tell me the translation of the letters of "Q&A"?

Thank you so much for your answer!

You can also check the heliohost server monitor @ http://grd.net.pl/heliohost/monitor

Thanks Geoff for the additional information!!

Thanks!

Hey soul, i see you are new to helios. well when i joined it, i too got the same error pages for about one week. sometimes, i was unable to open my cpanel. sometimes my homepage didn't load. but soon everything went fine. At that time, server load used to be around 30-40, but these days i never see it above 20. Now everything is fine for me.

3. I noticed many people in the internet says that helios has very good features but a big delay to maintenance theirs websites and most of the time the |||| website is down |||. Many reviews I saw are old and probably it is not the same as it is today but I would like to confirm with you, really, if this is true until today.

One more thing,i'd like to tell you that: whatever you are getting here for free is far better than other free web hosting services. I have tried some of them namely 110mb.com, webs, x10. Some of them placed ads, some were slow and rest didn't give the flexibility, you enjoy here.

Hi manish_kvs!

Your reply is important to me since you are a real user here. I'm glad for your worry about me!

Thanks!

Think it means this forum may someday be host at a separate place so if Helio is down the server will still be up.

Actually, since I posted, djbob has managed to host our forums and the HelioHost homepage elsewhere. This means that if HelioHost is down, the support forums are still up. :)

A Q&A site is a site where users can ASK questions and SUGGEST and other users can ANSWER, AGREE or DISAGREE. ;) For an example take a look at StackExchange.com

We're not even sure if we are going to take advantage of a Q&A site - we're still waiting feedback from djbob.