[Solved] Better Support Site a' la StackOverflow

meiscooldude

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand why it would take that long? Just a couple of simple PHP codes (foreach and mysql_query) would make it work. Also, I know it could take a while to HTML code a good looking website, but with FrontPage it's dead easy! :D

I'll start developing something, it'll probably take about a week.

Thanks! :D

Attached is what I've done so far (the design). Today I'm focusing on getting the databases set up and hopefully get a working list of questions. :)

I've based it on a 'Late at Night' theme, although this is changeable.

post-9031-1296287679_thumb.png

Looks good - could take a week or two. :)

Still, I'm continuing with developing a PHP Q&A site. I've just finished the web design for the view question page and other pages. Attached is a pic. :)

post-9031-1296338476_thumb.png

Looks good - could take a week or two.

Actually, you can download the source below, and get it running in less than a day.

http://svn.askeet.com/trunk/

Still, I'm continuing with developing a PHP Q&A site. I've just finished the web design for the view question page and other pages. Attached is a pic.

Of course, I'm not going to complain since I'm not making this, I'm just saying you could make it faster by starting off of the askeet thing.

I've just looked further into Askeet. It looks great and easy, except...

- The rounded corners don't show properly.

- Not sure how we should copy from the SVN repository?

I'm going to edit this post to show the progress with this project:

√ Homepage Visuals

√ Setup MySQL databases

√ List of questions

√ View question Visuals

√ New question Visuals

-- New question code

-- View question code

X Create login system

X Create search

X Final debug

Last updated: 30th January 2011

Doesn't look like the stackexchange site is getting any more visitors.

Give me a couple days, and I'll have askeet running on my site.

I'm not working on my site anymore, as Askeet or StackExchange would be better, easier. I have also thought of an alternative for my own site. :)

We could start using Askeet, and then when StackExchange gets enough commitments, switch to StackExchange. However, I feel that to get StackExchange up and running, we need to promote it even more. For example, when somebody receives help, we could ask them commit to StackExchange in return. We could also implement a message to the signup form asking people to commit to the StackExchange.

I hope HelioHost will have an awesome Q&A system, whether it's Askeet or StackExchange. :)

Askeet won't have as many features as stack-exchange, but ppl have stopped commiting to stack exchange (at least for now). I'm just trying to keep from re-inventing the wheel, although right now, I'm having a bit of trouble getting it up.