[Solved] Error installing sqlite3-ruby and other gems

On Freund

Let me know if I should open a new thread for this, but I've noticed that even an empty rails app (generated via the rails new command, and nothing else) fails:

** Daemonized, any open files are closed.  Look at log/mongrel.pid and log/mongrel.log for info.
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:12650
** Starting Rails with production environment...
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `require': no such file to load -- dispatcher (LoadError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:227:in `load_dependency'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/rails.rb:148:in `rails'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:113:in `cloaker_'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `call'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `listener'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:99:in `cloaker_'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `call'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `initialize'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `new'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `run'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/command.rb:212:in `run'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:281
    from /usr/bin/mongrel_rails:19:in `load'
    from /usr/bin/mongrel_rails:19

Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo
sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

I guess I'm going to need you to copy the .bundle or .bundler folder from the root home dir to my home dir and change the ownership to me.

Once again, thanks for your patient help!

root@stevie [/home1/onfreund/rails_apps/art2d2]# bundle show will_paginate

Could not find mongrel-1.1.5 in any of the sources

Ugh... this is probably a result of the downgrade I did in the other thread. Is there a way to fix this?

root@stevie [/home1/onfreund/rails_apps/art2d2]# bundle show will_paginate

Could not find mongrel-1.1.5 in any of the sources

Ugh... this is probably a result of the downgrade I did in the other thread. Is there a way to fix this?

I changed Gemfile.lock to use 1.1 instead of 1.1.5. Can you try again please?