Deleted 'www' contents

mhcode

Uh, yeah, I deleted SOME of the contents of my WWW... including the htaccess... look, just recreate my account please

When you click onto the www folder you'll see the contents of your public_html folder. The files are mirrored.

I can't recreate your account but I can delete it and you can sign up again. Are you ok with that?

There's a chance that it'll take forever, djbob lowered the daily sign up limit.

I don't see why you couldn't recreate the files and directories you need like how everyone suggested. What type of website was it?

OK, don't. But I need full step by step instructions to restore the htaccess and all files that were in the www.....

Again, you have not told us ANYTHING about your website, we can't help you otherwise. Did you have files that you made yourself? Did you install CMS software? What was on your website?

.htaccess isn't even necessary for a website to be functional. It depends on what type of website that you have and you haven't told us that.

As far as I am aware, HelioHost does NOT backup your data - it is the webmaster (you) who is responsible for making backups and restoring them if required.

As I previously stated, you could try and recover as much data as possible here.

If you tell me what you want to install on your site, I can give you step-by-step instructions on what you need to do.

You could install

- Drupal (for an entire site)

- phpBB (for discussion boards)

- Wordpress (if you want a blog)

- Piwik (for analytics)

- LimeSurvey (for surveys)

It just depends on what you want.