Deleted 'www' contents

mhcode

I was about to delete the contents of my hosting account.. I thought the 'www' folder would be correct (since i'm used to working with apache servers. But I deleted it and now my website is broken... can you reset my account please?

USERName: mhcode

Domain: mhcode.co.cc

:angry: im kinda annoyed so help would be much appreciated!

We don't have a reset for accounts. I can delete your account and you can register it again. BTW, the www folder doesn't have anything in it, it just reflects what's in your public_html folder. You might want to just try recreating the www folder in your home directory and see how that works.

Your website appears to be fine. You should be able to just upload the contents of your site back up to "public_html", and be working again. The WWW folder is just a shortcut to the "public_html" folder.

Your website appears to be fine. You should be able to just upload the contents of your site back up to "public_html", and be working again. The WWW folder is just a shortcut to the "public_html" folder.

No, when I try to connect SimpleScripts.. It says that NO www or htaccess was found. Can you recreate my account?

After some research, I believe an administrator will be able to recreate the www directory (http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/restoring-deleted-www-folder-18493.html).

I believe SimpleScripts is a service very similar to the service that HelioHost provides. In cPanel, a very similar service called 'Softaculous' is available.

At the moment, your website appears to be completely empty.

You don't need to be an adminnistrator to restore the WWW folder. Just create a PHP file in your public_html folder with the following code. Then visit the PHP file you created in your browser.

<?php symlink('/home/mhcode/public_html/', '/home/mhcode/www/'); ?>

You don't need to be an adminnistrator to restore the WWW folder. Just create a PHP file in your public_html folder with the following code. Then visit the PHP file you created in your browser.

<?php symlink('/home/mhcode/public_html/', '/home/mhcode/www/'); ?>

Uh, yeah, I deleted SOME of the contents of my WWW... including the htaccess... look, just recreate my account please

I don't think you understood. You can get your account up and running again by simply creating a new folder called 'www' in your Home Directory. Then, open 'public_html' and choose 'New File'. Name the file whatever you like, as long as it ends with .php . 'Code edit' your new file, and copy and paste Geoff's code. Choose 'Save File', and then view the file in your browser (eg. http://mhcode.co.cc/restore.php). Then Voila - job done! :)

However, if you insist your account is deleted, an Administrator will be able to perform this action. However, I recommend that you do the above actions so you don't have to wait another >96 hours.

Uh, yeah, I deleted SOME of the contents of my WWW... including the htaccess... look, just recreate my account please

When you click onto the www folder you'll see the contents of your public_html folder. The files are mirrored.

I can't recreate your account but I can delete it and you can sign up again. Are you ok with that?

When you click onto the www folder you'll see the contents of your public_html folder. The files are mirrored.

I can't recreate your account but I can delete it and you can sign up again. Are you ok with that?

There's a chance that it'll take forever, djbob lowered the daily sign up limit.

I don't see why you couldn't recreate the files and directories you need like how everyone suggested. What type of website was it?

No, when I try to connect SimpleScripts.. It says that NO www or htaccess was found. Can you recreate my account?

1. You don't need SimpleScripts. Use Softalicious in your CPanel Instead

2. I don't like autoinstallers, they usually don't have the latest version

If you really want us to "recreate" your account, then post back here saying you do, BUT BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. You will lose all data in your account, and will not be able to recover it

2. Account "recreation" may take up to 144 hours (48 hours to delete your account, 96 to create it again).

If you are aware of the above, then post back to delete your account. Heliohost is not liable for any data lost caused by recreation of your account.

There's a chance that it'll take forever, djbob lowered the daily sign up limit.

I don't see why you couldn't recreate the files and directories you need like how everyone suggested. What type of website was it?

OK, don't. But I need full step by step instructions to restore the htaccess and all files that were in the www.....