Slow and unstable connection

On Freund

Hopefully the stability and slowness will get better in the next few weeks as soon as the new server goes online. As far as the FTP, what kind of errors are you getting?

Are you ftping this way:

FTP-Target: ftp.your_domain.heliohost.org

Username: cpanel username

Password: cpanel password

Directory: public_html/

Hopefully the stability and slowness will get better in the next few weeks as soon as the new server goes online. As far as the FTP, what kind of errors are you getting?

Are you ftping this way:

FTP-Target: ftp.your_domain.heliohost.org

Username: cpanel username

Password: cpanel password

Directory: public_html/

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure exactly what was the error (I was using Total Commander as the FTP client - tends to hide quite a lot of the details), but after every file it would say that the upload failed, and all of the files I uploaded ended up with a zero size on the target (yes, I was using the settings you mentioned).

Seems to be working now, let's hope it'll stay that way. I'm anxiously awaiting the new server...

The problem seems to be back. There are two important differences between my successful and unsuccessful attempts:

1. The time of day - my successful attempt was in a time I would presume has less traffic, while my unsuccessful attempts were in rush hours.

2. I was using two different locations.

I will get a chance to test this tomorrow, by trying from the unsuccessful location but at a dead hour.