[Solved] prolonged account queued page

fengshaun

Escalating...

Re: Mongrel issue when starting Ruby applications using Rails 3.0 [Case 43320]

There are no current plans yet to support Rails 3+ due to the mongrel issues with that version. Mongrel still has issues working with Rails 2.3.8 actually for properly passing cookies and headers.

I do agree it would be helpful to consider mod_rails with passenger over mongrel, but that's simply my opinion and not any official recommendation from cPanel itself

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... this is annoying, considering that I already switched my scripts to use Rails 3.0. Let me see if there is any way out...

Looks like one option is to get rid of Mongrel and use mod_rails instead. However, that will mean having to manually restart by creating a blank file, and having to do some configuration with .htaccess files.

Alternately, could somebody having this issue try to add the following to their Rails gemfile?

gem "mongrel"
gem "cgi_multipart_eof_fix"
gem "fastthread"
gem "mongrel_experimental"

Since we're planning to switch Rails accounts to Charlie eventually, I'm thinking that it might make more sense to avoid downgrading our version of Rails.

As I'm having the same problem, I tried adding those gems to the Gemfile, but it couldn't find mognrel-experimental. When I removed it from the Gemfile, the original problem was still there. Trying to install the mongrel-experimental gem resulted in this:

make
gcc -I. -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux -I.   -fPIC -g -O2   -c fastthread.c
make: execvp: gcc: Permission denied
make: *** [fastthread.o] Error 127

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:129:in `resolve': Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "mongrel": (Bundler::VersionConflict)
  In Gemfile:
    mongrel_experimental depends on
      mongrel (= 1.1)

mongrel (1.1.5)

I've downgraded Mongrel to version 1.1... can you try now?

Still no luck:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:27:in `setup': You have already activated mongrel 1.1.5, but your Gemfile requires mongrel 1.1. Consider using bundle exec. (Gem::LoadError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:12:in `each'

I've downgraded Mongrel to version 1.1... can you try now?

Still no luck:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:27:in `setup': You have already activated mongrel 1.1.5, but your Gemfile requires mongrel 1.1. Consider using bundle exec. (Gem::LoadError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:12:in `each'

Where do you see those error messages?

In mongrel.log, I'm seeing this instead:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/will_paginate-2.3.12/lib/will_paginate.rb:39:in `enable_activerecord': undefined method `returning' for WillPaginate:Module (NoMethodError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/will_paginate-2.3.12/lib/will_paginate.rb:88

EDIT: I don't see anything of significance in other logs