Changing my domain

EOS 9D

Hi,

I chose to use second level domain during registration, but I want to use my top-level domain now. I see this could not be done inside cPanel, so could ops help me out? Thanks for the great service.

login: eos9d

original domain: eos9d.heliohost.org

expecting domain: wokanxing.info

Ok your domain name is now:

wokanxing.info

Don't forget to point your domain to our nameservers if you haven't already.

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

thanks for the quick response, but I see cPanel still reports the "Main Domain" to be eos9d.heliohost.org. Will the change only be effective after I redirect the NS to yours>

I find that it is better to have a heliohost subdomain, so that you will always have a subdomain, and then use the add on domain feature to add and remove any top level domains.

You probably won't see a change until the server does a restart and it only does that once every 24 hours. If you don't see the new name at your cpanel this time tomorrow, refresh your browser's cache.

cPanel shows no change of main domain, and I can still access my site through eos9d.heliohost.org.

Also, when I try to add wokanxing.info as an addon domain, cPanel told me it was "already configured", so what's happening here? The domain belongs to me and me only, I don't recall adding it to my site. Could you guys look into it for me plz? Any help is appreciated.

P.S., if no change of main domain is done, don't bother to change it now, I find Geoff's suggestion quite convincing.