Help on setting MX google records with Heliohost

Sebastian

HI,

What I'm trying to do is to make possible the use of google apps in special the email with heliohost. I bought the domain with godady and there I setup the google's MX records configuration :

Priority

ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10

ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20

ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20

ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

Then I validate the ownership by adding a TXT record at godady.

Supposedly, In this point it should be working: but only I can send but not receive email. That was the reason I should configure mail with heliohost.

What've done until now, is to deny email from google (shall I delete MX records at godady?), and tried to add a record at cpanel, but when i try to add the first line ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. it shows an error message, something like (domain must be a valid FQDN).

I would like you to help me achieving mail configuration for my domain (geoturismoyeventos.com.co).

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
HI,

What I'm trying to do is to make possible the use of google apps in special the email with heliohost. I bought the domain with godady and there I setup the google's MX records configuration :

Priority

ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10

ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20

ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20

ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

Then I validate the ownership by adding a TXT record at godady.

Supposedly, In this point it should be working: but only I can send but not receive email. That was the reason I should configure mail with heliohost.

What've done until now, is to deny email from google (shall I delete MX records at godady?), and tried to add a record at cpanel, but when i try to add the first line ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. it shows an error message, something like (domain must be a valid FQDN).

I would like you to help me achieving mail configuration for my domain (geoturismoyeventos.com.co).

Thanks in advance!

remove the trailing dot(.) from ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

I mean convert "ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM." to "ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM"

It'll work :)