Error 403 Forbidden when i try to access my site

Simons

I recently registed with helionet.org, i registered the site socialspaces.co.cc but when a go to the site it says.

My public_html is currently empty, it doesnt have any file on it

I got this error when i visit my site socialspaces.co.cc

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.2 Python/2.4.3 Server at socialspaces.co.cc Port 80

I hope you can help me, so i can start building my site

Thank you so much

My cpanel login name is jaimem99 if you need that.

You have to upload an index.html file to your document root. Otherwise, apache cannot serve any files, because there is nothing to serve. The error that you are getting is probably because directory indexing is disabled, and for security reasons you should probably leave it that way. The solution to your problem is simply to upload an index.html file, or index.php file, so that apache can serve the page to your users.

@Geoff: Directory indexing is not disabled by default. This is what a new account will show when you first register:

http://tks.heliohost.org

His problem is more than likely code that got added to his htaccess file by either him using his cpanel to block indexing or a program he's uploaded to his site. Either way he needs to figure out why he's getting the 403 error.