[Solved] Problem with HelioHost account

MeJordan

Hi,

My friend and I just recently registered for this site, and my friend (jacobly) is having problems with his new account. He asked me to post here for him since he can't himself. Every time he tries to post a new message, start a new thread, vote in polls, send personal messages - basically anything - he gets an error message. The following are a few examples:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic.

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum.

You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board.

Please let me know what he can do to be able to use his new account. Also, let me know if there is any additional information needed to fix the problem. Thank you.

His account already appears to have validated via email. He originally signed up with a gmail account, but since gmail blocked the validation email, he changed the email associated with his account to a yahoo email. He then was able to receive the activation email and activate his account. When he clicks on "resend validation", he gets the following error:

There are no pending validation requests for that member. Please check the name and try again.

This is what leads him to believe that he is already validated, yet he is still unable to do anything on the site.