FTP Errors. Timeouts and cannot see www directory

joemoe

Hi, this looks like a great service but I'm having a few problems.

1.) The server seems down very often. Every five minutes or so.

2.) FTP times out after two minutes even during file transfers.

3.) FTP cannot see the www directory.

Essentially it seems like a nice idea but your sevice seems unusable. Thanks anyway! Or if you know about any of these issues and you think things will change that would be great.

The server load gets kind of high at times because of people abusing server resources. We hope to better this with an addition of another server going online soon.

As far as not being able to see your www with ftp, you don't need to see the www with ftp. All files are viewable and ftp'd through your public_html directory and your www ALWAYS reflects what's in your public_html directory.

The server load gets kind of high at times because of people abusing server resources. We hope to better this with an addition of another server going online soon.

As far as not being able to see your www with ftp, you don't need to see the www with ftp. All files are viewable and ftp'd through your public_html directory and your www ALWAYS reflects what's in your public_html directory.

So its not possible to upload to www through ftp? So far I have uploaded files then transferred them using the web interface. Thanks for your help. Sorry if I am being dumb. Still great that its free!

P.s. Currently getting this problem:

This server is currently not licensed. Please contact the server administrator. Other services available on this server such as web services are likely functioning normally. (Unknown License File Signature (has=,needed=20).)

Once the license on this server is active, you will no longer see this message. If you have installed a license since loading this page, click here to reload.

Another quick question. When the server is down can my site still be seen?

So its not possible to upload to www through ftp? (...)

"www" is just - to make it simple - some kind of "alias", other name for the "public_html" folder. If you're using Windows on your computer then most similar thing will be "shortcut". Different way to access the same directory, but only through cPanel's file manager, while through FTP you see only real directory "public_html".

(...) When the server is down can my site still be seen?

Well... only if you got it in the cache of your browser. ;)

No.

As for the license problem - is this related to the script you are trying to install?... Maybe your script needs license to be bought for being functional?

So its not possible to upload to www through ftp? So far I have uploaded files then transferred them using the web interface.

Theres no need to upload or ftp to the www directory. If you want people to see the www version of your page, just add the www to the url. Like I stated before the www will reflect all the files that are in the public_html directory without you doing anything.