[Solved] mail function -php- is not working

Bad Wolf

Good evening.

Domain:

arcadya.co.cc

login:

arcadya

(Note: if you want the short story, skip the next lines and go straight to 'the techie part' below)

Last week I created a script in my script folder (this was a little bit redundand...). The script is 'enviar.php' (sorry for the Spanish).

Now, I added some nice things, like a captcha feature and field verification. Disregard that, the problem is near the end of the script.

If all the fields are non-empty, and the email looks valid and the captcha is ok, the mail function will be activated, and an e-mail will be send to my personal e-mail address from stevie's resources. And a 'success' page is displayed. I know it works because I tested it a few times last week. Or at least, it used to work...

By Saturday, I decided it was nice enough (and today, I decided I must add a field for the phone, but that has nothing to do with this), but on Sunday evening, the dns went down for heliohost accounts. The website was unaccessible and I had no need to check it again. Today, everything was back to normal, so I told a friend in another town to test the feature. Then I found the mail function is no longer working. :(

Now, the techie part:

I am not sure if it has anything to do with the recent problem of the dns service... actually, I can't see a relationship, but it might be related. I have no means to check it myself.

I checked the bandwith, and found no peaks. That's what the captcha is for, anyways. Neither have I received a single email from the site since the weekend (edited: not necesarily true: I got one email from the forum helionet.org, I checked for update on a topic, but I am not sure wether helionet.org runs or not on the same server. However, no email from the domain arcadya.co.cc has been received). I could not find any error log regarding php within my files or the cpanel.

I found no similar problem posted recently in the forum.

Then I decided to check from the Webmail itself and my yahoo email. I sent a test email from my yahoo to stevie, and it did not arrive. Then, I tried to email from Webmail to my yahoo mail, and:

I got this message using Horde:

Failed to send data [sMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 451, response: Error while writing spool file)]

So I tried to send with Squirrel:

Message not sent. Server replied:

Requested action aborted: error in processing

451 Error while writing spool file

But I am stubborn, so I tried with RoundCube:

Invalid response code received from server. (this one is shorter and faster...)

I will appreciate your help with this,

Best regards,

Bad Wolf.

Aweasome!!!

Thank you, djbob! It is surely working nicely, I appreciate it.

However, I have one more concern: you said the /var partition was filled, and you had to clean it. So, what I would like to know is if this will happen again and we most notify you whenever it occurs, or if the problem raised due to a temporary glitch?

Once again, thank you!!!

Best regards!