Can I have DNS?

Programer OZ

I know there is the redirect thing using cpanel. Can heliohost do something like no-ip.com or dyndns.com does? Because the domains they offer are blocked by my school's web filter. But heliohost.org isnt blocked. So can heliohost make it so when I go to oz.heliohost.org/homewebsite it takes people to my ip address? since it isnt static heliohost would need to make thier own application which up dates what ip my computer is.

Can you please do this? It would help a ton

You could certainly code something like this yourself. Create some sort of script (C++, Java, even PHP) that you set to run automatically on your computer. This script simply accesses a web page on your heliohost site that it can pass arguments to (something like myIPupdater.php?ip=MyIP). Then the IP is stored in a database of some sort on your heliohost site. When people go to yoursite.heliohost.org your index.php script gets the IP of your computer from the database and then some how forwards the visitor to your IP (various ways this can be done).

All in all, this is very easy to implement and you can even add htpasswd protection to your IP updater script so that only the people with the password can update the IP address.