Unable to Access Server Using FileZilla

ORangers

Hi, I am really new to web hosting, so pardon for any question that might seem silly. I have registered for this free service not long ago. I have a website www.my-orangers.com (domain from goDaddy.) I tried to upload PhpBB3 to the server using FileZilla. However, even before I was able to choose files to upload, I could not access my site.

On the screen, it shows the following error.

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Could not connect to server

Can anyone tell me what goes wrong? Many thanks in advance!

What details are you putting in the config? You can easily connect to your account just using the quickconnect bar on Filezilla.

you mean the mini bar on top of FileZilla?

Yeah, I put in my host name (ftp.my-orangers.com), my username, password and port (21).

but then it still cannot really work. What should I do next?

And one more thing, I tried using other FTP Clients like Core FTP Lite and SmartFTP but same problem occured.

Really hope that you can help :)

Thanks!

You need to point your domain to our nameservers here:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Hi, Byron, I had pointed my domain to the nameservers you mentioned but the same problem occurs.

What other details should I give to you to solve this problem? Really appreciate your help =)

Cheers,

ORangers

You need to wait 24 to 48 hours after you've set the nameservers for it to resolve. Until you set the nameservers back to heliohost's there won't be anyway to connect via ftp to your site on heliohost.

Aha, I see. I shall wait then =)

Many thanks, Byron!

Just one more extra question, does using FTP allow me to upload one whole folder from my desktop to the server instead of moving file by file?

Thank you!

You need to wait 24 to 48 hours after you've set the nameservers for it to resolve. Until you set the nameservers back to heliohost's there won't be anyway to connect via ftp to your site on heliohost.

Many thanks, Byron!

Just one more extra question, does using FTP allow me to upload one whole folder from my desktop to the server instead of moving file by file?

Thank you!

Yes.

Many thanks, Byron!

Thank you!

Yes.

Thanks, Wizard ^^ I'm more relieved now, can't wait to get it started =)

Many thanks, Byron!

Thank you!

Yes.

Thanks, Wizard ^^ I'm more relieved now, can't wait to get it started =)

Thanks, Wizard and Byron, the problem is already solved =)