Cron Jobs Limit

Hauzer

Hi HelioHost ;),

Firstly, thank you for hosting my web site. I extremely appreciate it, especially since HelioHost is a non-profit. On to my question, am I allowed to run Cron Jobs every 5 minutes? I can't understand the warning message too clearly:

Warning: You need to have a good knowledge of Linux commands before you can use cron jobs effectively. Furthermore, NOTE THAT YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TWO CRON JOB RUNS EVERY DAY. We will catch you and suspend your account if you break these rules. If you need a special exception, please contact support.

It states everyday, so can I run a cron job every 5 minutes (a day)? Or does it simply mean that you can only run cron jobs daily and nothing less? Sorry if I seem a little .. what's the word I'm looking for? Dumb? :P

Thank you and kind regards. ;)

No you can't run a cron job every five minutes. It means that you can only run cron jobs daily and nothing less. If you need more than once per day than you need to find a way to incorperate it into your script like an include.

You can actually have more than 2 lines of cron but you can't have more than 2 cron jobs per day.