Schools spend a lot on MS software!

In my spare time, I have begun to ponder about the cost of Microsoft software, especially for large organizations such as the school district. Adding in the cost of Microsoft server systems, Windows XP or 2000, and Microsoft Office, I have caculated that the cost of the software on our computers could cost up to $3 million.

My caculations go as this. If there are 50 schools, each having 3 servers, there would be 150 servers. If you buy Windows 2003 server Standard Ed., it costs $1,000 retail, or total $150,000. Assuming that the district have some computers that have better versions of Windows Server, I would double the cost, to $300,000.

Also, if each school had 60 computers, running Windows XP or 2000, and XP costs $300 retail. That means that 60x50 (schools) x $300 = $900,000.

Micro$oft Office Pro with Frontpage costs about $500. 3,000 computers (last problem) times $500 equals $1,500,000.

So...$300,000 + $900,000 + $1.5 million is about 2.7 million dollars. Micro$oft software will cost almost THREE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

You should be able to express opinions, not lies. Ed, its an outright lie. I have the budget saying your wrong. The budget cant be wrong as it is a federal institution that has gone through severe auditing. YOU ARE WRONG. NO MORE LIES. Topic re-closed.

the budget is here

http://www.lkwash.wednet.edu/lwsd/pdf/Budg...ete%2003-04.pdf

go to page 67 and look under "technology" thats where it is. Its a fact ed, no matter how many calculations you make, you cant disprove it.