Can't seem to get my website to work

Gonebyfar

Hey Everyone

I'm having a problem getting my website to work, I would say that I am a novice user and so this is probably something basic that I have done wrong. I have added the nameservers to the domain site co.cc. However, I haven't filled out the zone settings because I'm not sure what I need to put - will this stop my website from loading?

When I type the URL into my web browser, Google Chrome, it comes up with "Oops! This link appears to be broken"

The URL is: www.shropshireforum.co.cc

My username is: Andysf

I can log into my cPanel ok and I have also tried clearing the cache on my web browser which had no effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Andrew.

I did delete public_html whilst trying to install phpbb using Fantastico because the installation came back with an error saying that I needed to delete it before it would continue, once I had deleted it the installation continued successfully although did have a few errors which I ignored because it said it had been successful. Although, public_html is listed in the home directory now so Fantastico must have reinstalled it. The public_html that is listed isn't a folder.

I'm not sure if there is anything else missing from the list under home, here is what I have:

access-logs

etc

home

mail

public_ftp

tmp

public_html

I've never heard of Fantastico asking you to delete your public_html folder before it would install. When it asked you to give a folder name you didn't happen to type in public_html did you? The folder shouldn't exist on your site when you give a folder name to install in.

If the public_html isn't a folder anymore then where did Fantastico install your forum?

Are you seeing any dot folders in your Home directory like:

.cpanel

.htpasswds

.trash

The best thing for you might be to let me delete your account and you signup again.

Thanks Bryon, with your help I have recreated the public_html folder and everything seems to be working, so there's no need for me to recreate my account. I am now trying to install phpBB without using Fantastico because of the problems I had previously.

It is asking me questions about my database settings. One of the fields say "Database server hostname or DSN:", what should I put in this field?