[Solved] [Feature Request] - Softaculous

aaronschubert0

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to have Softaculous installed into the cPanel, since it offers many more scripts than" fantastico de luxe" and has a much friendlier user interface.

Also there are free and paid licenses available (http://www.softaculous.com/pricing) so if we can't have the paid version could we please have the free version?

Please Reply,

Thanks

Source: http://www.softaculous.com/

After doing a quick Google search, I haven't found a problem having both Fantastico and Softaculous installed at the same time. I guess since Fantastico's license is technically ran out, you could install Softaculous (kind of like a "soft migration"). Once people got used to it a bit (or once Fantastico stops working), you could uninstall Fantastico.

My two cents. I honestly manual install the applications myself, but if Softaculous has more applications, I'd like having the options.

After doing a quick Google search, I haven't found a problem having both Fantastico and Softaculous installed at the same time. I guess since Fantastico's license is technically ran out, you could install Softaculous (kind of like a "soft migration"). Once people got used to it a bit (or once Fantastico stops working), you could uninstall Fantastico.

My two cents. I honestly manual install the applications myself, but if Softaculous has more applications, I'd like having the options.

Yeah I can confirm that having both installed works perfectly fine since when I used a different web host they had both installed and it worked perfectly.

Another good thing on Softaculous is that you can have a live preview before you install an application making it easier to know how an application will look and function before installing it.

Yeah I can confirm that having both [Fantastico and Softaculous] installed works perfectly fine since when I used a different web host they had both installed and it worked perfectly.

So I guess I'll bump this, I don't want it to be closed due to inactivity.