Download and Run exe with javascript

Guest xaav

Does anyone know how to run an exe from javascript? Like at chrome.google.com, you click a button, and the webpage downloads and executes the file, all without any confirmation? Any ideas on how to do this?

PLEASE NO ACTIVEX, THAT STUFF IS BS.

You realize that if this were possible, it would be a major security risk? Go be a script kiddie elsewhere.

EDIT: Also, Google doesn't have the power to do that. Clicking a button is confirmation. Moreover, if your computer is downloading/executing files without further confirmation, you're probably running on poor security settings.

You realize that if this were possible, it would be a major security risk? Go be a script kiddie elsewhere.

Like at chrome.google.com, you click a button, and the webpage downloads and executes the file

Click on the Button..

Two seconds later..

All I am asking for is this functionality.. It is a reasonable question.

What's wrong with making a link to your .exe?

Basically, all it does is install the CACert root certificate.. I just thought it would be more convenient to users for them to click a button, and run the exe, not have to open the file themselves.

It really is not that critical. I just wanted to make the process a little easier.