[Solved] Request for another port(email) and mail server down

KongCH

Hi,

My ISP blocked my port 25, so i can't test my mail server on my local computer, so can i request for opening a new port(non-port 25)?

When i telnet my mail server(mail.hopbank.info), it returned

421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 64.71.156.102 (64.71.156.102:25), connect erro

r 10060

And i asked my ISP, they said they have BLOCKED PORT 25!!

Another hand, why i can't connect to my mail server using php's fsockopen today(ONLY TODAY), i recieved:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to mail.hopbank.info:25 (Connection refused) in /home/hopbank/public_html/mail_test.php on line 2

Why the mail server refused my connection? (i have uploaded this file to my server, not local machine)

Please fix them soon, thanks!

Yes, i forgot provide my username and domain:

Username: hopbank

Domain: hopbank.co.cc / www.hopbank.info

Just use ultraVPN, UltraVPN

access blocked websites from within a corporate environmement

NOTE: I am not receiving any money for posting this link, I am just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

Just use ultraVPN, UltraVPN

access blocked websites from within a corporate environmement

NOTE: I am not receiving any money for posting this link, I am just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

How to use that?

I have installed that one, and how to set the config?

Thanks.

UltraVPN no use, i have also tried "HotspotShield", also no use!

Can i request another port?

And why heliohost's hosting will reject it's mail server's connection? (connection refeused)

Thanks.

fsockopen() doesn't work with our firewall. As for email, just use the secure port instead of the unsecured one (I forgot what port it is, but a quick search will turn it up).

Do you mean this:

$smtpConn = fsockopen('ssl://stevie.heliohost.org', '465', $errno, $errstr, '15');

I have tried this already, see:

http://www.hopbank.info/mail_test_ssl.php

NO WORK!

UPDATED!

How to use that?

Thanks.

Look, its not that hard. Just download the program, install it.

Then sign up for an account. Then right click on the icon below:

click connect, then put in your account details.

This will unblock port 25.

If you can't install it, then you must not have local admin privileges, and shouldn't be on the computer you are using in the first place. If you can't connect to the heliohost mail server with openvpn, then there is something wrong with your mail program, not with heliohost.

Also, if nothing else works, just pipe email to your php script. And send email with mail(). This setup will receive and send mail ALL WITHOUT AN SMTP SERVER.

How to use that?

Thanks.

Look, its not that hard. Just download the program, install it.

Then sign up for an account. Then right click on the icon below:

click connect, then put in your account details.

This will unblock port 25.

If you can't install it, then you must not have local admin privileges, and shouldn't be on the computer you are using in the first place. If you can't connect to the heliohost mail server with openvpn, then there is something wrong with your mail program, not with heliohost.

Also, if nothing else works, just pipe email to your php script. And send email with mail(). This setup will receive and send mail ALL WITHOUT AN SMTP SERVER.

All vpn is not work, and php...

sending email uisng "mail()" function require to set smtp server in php.ini, also, i can't set the smtp username and password in php.ini!

====================================================================================================

==================================

Ermm... how is that image a script? Did you give it the wrong extension, or something?

The fsockopen didn't block!

See:

http://www.hopbank.info/mail_test_ssl.php

but i want to test the mail server on my local computer, i need connect using Telnet, and my ISP blocked port 25, can you open another port for me?

My script: (mail_test_ssl.php)

<?
$smtpConn = fsockopen('ssl://stevie.heliohost.org', '465', $errno, $errstr, '15');
echo "Error no: " . $errno . "<p></p>" . "Error string: " . $errstr . "<p></p>" . "String from resource: " . $smtpConn . "<p></p>";
fputs($smtpConn, "EHLO www.hopbank.info" . "\r\n");
echo fgets($smtpConn, 515) . "<p></p>";
fputs($smtpConn, "AUTH LOGIN" . "\r\n");
$MailAccount = base64_encode('xxx');
$MailPassword = base64_encode('xxx');
fputs($smtpConn, $MailAccount . "\n");
fputs($smtpConn, $MailPassword . "\n");
fputs($smtpConn, "MAIL FROM:<noreply@hopbank.info>" . "\r\n");
fputs($smtpConn, "RCPT TO:<abc@def.com>" . "\r\n");
fputs($smtpConn, "DATA" . "\r\n");
$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'To:' . "\"abc@def.com\"" . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'From:"HopBank.info"<noreply@hopbank.info>' . "\r\n";
$message = "
Hello, this is a test mail that using PHP's fsockopen to send mail!
";
$dataString = $headers . "Subject: Hello!" . "\r\n" . "\r\n" . "\r\n" . $message;
fputs($smtpConn, "\r\n" . $dataString . "\r\n");
fputs($smtpConn, '.' . "\r\n");
fputs($smtpConn, "QUIT" . "\r\n");
fclose($smtpConn);
?>

I think there is a little confusion over what is trying to happen here. I have to say, I've read and reread this topic and it has taken me a while to completely understand what is happening.

Based on the first couple of posts, I was under the impression that the OP was trying to use a program like Microsoft Outlook to handle their HelioHost email. Since their ISP blocked port 25, they can't connect to the HelioHost server to send emails.

However, I don't think this is the case. I believe that the OP is running a test server (possibly XAMPP?) on their local machine. They want to test PHP Sendmail function but to do so need to configure the SMTP settings in the php.ini file (perhaps because they are on a Windows system which doesn't have the Linux program "Sendmail" installed). However, their ISP still blocks port 25 and therefore they can't send emails through HelioHost.