[Solved] Apache Configuration

kruptein

Hey I already have a site hosted here, but I was wondering how the apache configuration for a single site looks like,

I could simulate it on my own pc than, and it would make it lots easier to upload my project, because my local apache config is different I always have to modify things etc...

With config I mean under apache2/sites-enabled/kruptools

(my site is kruptools.heliohost.org)

My config f.e. looks like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    Alias /med /var/www/dbug/
    Alias /admin_media /var/www/dbug/admin_media/

ServerName localhost
    ServerAdmin darragh.ssa@gmail.com

DocumentRoot /var/www/dbug/

<Directory /var/www/dbug/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/dbug/django.wsgi

</VirtualHost>

...Ask the Apache forums?

The Original Poster is saying that he would like some server configuration information, because he would like to set up a test server on his computer to make site development faster (since he wouldn't have to FTP every change, etc), and then perhaps later, upload it to Stevie. But, since the default Apache installation is different from the configuration of Stevie, he would like more information about it, so developing the site on his test server and copying it over to his HelioHost site wouldn't cause any problems.

...Ask the Apache forums?

The Original Poster is saying that he would like some server configuration information, because he would like to set up a test server on his computer to make site development faster (since he wouldn't have to FTP every change, etc), and then perhaps later, upload it to Stevie. But, since the default Apache installation is different from the configuration of Stevie, he would like more information about it, so developing the site on his test server and copying it over to his HelioHost site wouldn't cause any problems.

indeed! thanks derek!

<VirtualHost ip_address:80>
    ServerName domain.heliohost.org
    ServerAlias www.domain.heliohost.org
    DocumentRoot /home/username/public_html
    ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.heliohost.org
    UseCanonicalName Off

UserDir disabled
    UserDir enabled username
    suPHP_UserGroup username username
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
    SuexecUserGroup username username
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/

</VirtualHost>