Domain Hosting Question

d00d13

I just signed up for a hosting account. My domain is currently hosted elsewhere. I pretty much have to sign up with a hosting service and try it out, to see if it supports everything I'm looking for (zip files, if my old script works on it, etc.). This host didn't give a link to a subdomain (eg: heliohost.org/account) where I can test the service, but a link to my current domain, which won't work, as far as I'm aware, as its DNS entries are pointing elsewhere. Would I have an ip address that I could use to access/test my site before pointing my domain's DNS addresses to Heliohost? Kind of confused as to how Heliohost operates there.

You don't get a heliohost subdomain unless you registered for one when you registered your account. You then could've added your domain as a parked domain, while retaining use of your heliohost subdomain. Would you like to change the domain you registered with to a heliohost subdomain?