[Solved] FTP parallel connection problem

darkapec

I have been using NVU for a long time and find it very convenient to be able to view or edit all the files / folders on my website from NVU. I noticed under the FTP settings in CPanel heliohost supports single ftp transfer programs like filezilla. When I use nvu to try and open my index.html I get an error saying to many connections are open and the index.html refuses to load any further. Is it at all possible to make this work? There are not any settings in NVU to limit its parallel connections. Would you guys be able to change some settings on my domain to make NVU comply?

I understand if you won't because the server cant handle it or because then a bunch of people will be asking you to do the same thing. But if there is something already in place to allow this please let me know.

Thanks

Jake

Sorry, but we already have around 40 ftpd processes running at any given time :(

You'll have to make due with a single connection.

Ok thank you, I was able to get NVU to work reasonably by setting it to only download the html stuff not the pictures etc. So if anyone else is having problems adjust your NVU settings you will still get error messages but everything will work the way it is suppose to.