FTP Problem - 421 Service not available.

Newt

Hello everyone,

The problem, as title says, is with ftp service. Seems like client cannot connect to your servers, I created a ftp account, read instructions, saw configuration file (for FileZilla), which did not actually add the server to site list, but thats anoter topic. Long story short - my ftp client (FileZilla (v 3.3.3) cannot connect. Thanks for help and support in advance

Connection log:

Resolving address of ftp.xxx.co.cc
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error:    Could not read from socket: ECONNRESET - Connection reset by peer
Error:    Could not connect to server
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:    421 Service not available.
Error:    Could not connect to server

-Newt

Hey this is newt, writing in regard to problem in this thread http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=6816 to provide logon details.

My username is sil1110 ftp acount is sil1110 too so complete FileZilla logon looks like:

Host: ftp.re-code.co.cc

port: 21

server type: FTP

Logon type: normal

User:sil1110@re-code.co.cc

psw: xxxxxxxxxxx (cannot write provide password as it is the same as account)

So, Im using these login details and get the 421 Service not available, the same thing happens when I use anonymous login too.

Try

host: re-code.co.cc

port: [blank]

user: sil1110

Don't bother me via PM next time. There are Support Forums for a reason.

Sorry for that, I thought it was sensitive information and not relevant to solving this problem to post it in a forum for everyone to see, looks like it was wrong assumption.

I tried doing as you suggested, the connection times out now, I changed time-out to 100 seconds but nothing changed. Is it due to my connection or something else? Sometimes it get's quite slow.

I use Filezilla 3.3.3 and can connect from the Quickconnect toolbar without further tweaking. I think you've botched the Filezilla settings. Try clearing/reseting the Filezilla config and then use the details I have listed.

I use Filezilla 3.3.3 and can connect from the Quickconnect toolbar without further tweaking. I think you've botched the Filezilla settings. Try clearing/reseting the Filezilla config and then use the details I have listed.

Seems like problem solvedm finally connected. I suspect my connection was quite dead since it's wireless and during afternoon there was too much interference... thanks for support and patience.