Best next gen console

chrisc

Whixh consle will be the best out of the next genartion consoles  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

here's some posts at a ps3 fan site that i think myscrnnm might be interested in:

I had to go with the Revolution. To me, the Xbox 360 just seems like a crapper version of the PS3. The Revolution has some interesting features such as downloadable games, the ubiquitous "Revolutionary" controller(which I am admittedly skeptical of), and suspected cheap price. I honestly may find myself buying the console if it turns out well.

and

I think there are some aspects of the Revolution that are undeniably enticing to the wide spectrum of gamers.

Regarding the Xbox 360, the games and general hardware specifications will probably interest a lot of gamers.

With these two and the PS3, this new age console war should be interesting.

then there's the mindless with no real arguement:

Xbox 360 is better. Revolution is going to be too weak.

and the one who proves it

I was very tempted to buy a 360 but no games coming out on release excited me, so i'm going to give it a miss.

Quote:

Xbox 360 is better. Revolution is going to be too weak. 

Saying a console is better by its power is just [bleeped!] right stuipd. Look at the PS2 that is the weakest of all current gen consoles though it sells the best. Personally I cant wait to get my hands on the Revolution its going to be affordable, exciting and innovative and I see want to see new possiblities it brings to the world of gaming.

Nintendo have said there wouldn't be a noticeable difference between the Revo and the Xbox360.

these came directly for a sony fan site site regarding the next-gen competition. of course, its not very active, so these are all the posts. you see myscrnnm, nintendo isn't bad. you're pretty much the only one who seems to think so. besides that idiot who couldn't argue for beans.

Honestly, I am a bit skeptecal of the 360 because of the often-low quality of Microsoft products. In addition, I am leary of online gaming with a console based on the Windows architecture. You are just asking for trouble when you do that (though probably less than using Windows itself).

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, I am a bit skeptecal of the 360 because of the often-low quality of Microsoft products. In addition, I am leary of online gaming with a console based on the Windows architecture. You are just asking for trouble when you do that (though probably less than using Windows itself).

Just shut the bloody hell up. Microsoft has made very high quality products. I am here typing on my Desktop Elite wireless keyboard and using my wireless optical Intellimouse and they are of exceptional quality, so just shut up.

Logitech's wireless mice/keyboards kick microsoft in the [bleeped!]. Not to mention that microsoft's "specialty" is in programming, not hardware.

No. Logitech may be Microsoft's closest competitor in the peripheral market, but it is by no means better than Microsoft. Sure, they released a laser mouse before Microsoft, but while Microsoft's peripherals don't look so special on paper, Microsoft is more about design and quality. The ergonomics of Microsoft's mice and keyboards far surpasses any other. Not to mention the build quality is solid. You can just tell from the feel of their peripherals that Microsoft does not use cheap components to make their products.

behold! IGN's top ten list of why not to buy the xbox 360 and wait for the rev! (some of these reasons would work very well against the ps3 as well). i will sum up the reasons underneath the reasons.

#10. Limited Funds and Quantities

c'mon. we all know this. chances are high you won't get one in time for christmas, even if you did pre-order. you might not even get one by june.

#9. Same Games, Prettier Graphics

same thing i've been saying for forever. these games could practically play on the 64 if it weren't for spectacular graphics. quote"Perfect Dark Zero, for example, plays a lot like Perfect Dark (N64) with significantly enhanced visuals. Madden 360 plays like Madden, but it looks more lifelike. Are we still impressed? Sure. But is it enough to warrant a new, pricy console? Perhaps not." end quote.

#8. 360 Doesn't Have Legend of Zelda

no brainer. zelda rocks, and you can't beat that. not only do they talk about zelda, but also the other nintendo mascots like mario and donkey kong. ou can't beat the classics.

#7. Girls and Grandpas Will Play Revolution

sure, few of us will care about this. but what about the guys who want to play with their girlfriends or grandpas? i can tell you one thing. the xbox 360 freakin scares 'em. unless you got a tomboy girlfriend or a really young granpap, it ain't gunna happen.

#6. Metroid Prime 3

why not put this under zelda too? simple. it'll revolutionize the fps market. quote"Halo 3 may be the most anticipated FPS of all time, but we will guarantee you this right now: Metroid Prime 3 is going to absolutely eclipse it where control is concerned." end quote.

#5. Revolution Will Be a Lot Cheaper

you could be brain dead and figure that out. for the 360 he sysem, online, games, controllers and all that is gunna cost you around $1,000. that stuff for the rev might be around $500 for the rev. and when it comes to casual gamers, guess which one is more appealing?

#4. True Backward Compatibility

sure the 360 is 'backwards compatible'. with limited games. hundreds of them won't work on the 360. besides, the rev won't only play cube games but you can download games from nintendo's 20-some years of making games. hello?! retro-gamers rejoice!

#3. Revolution is Small, Stylish, and Quiet

the 360 is huge and freakin loud. your neighbors would complain about the noise if your tv's on mute. meanwhile the rev is said to have barely any sound coming off it. like it's not even there.

#2. Super Smash Bros. Online

you know it sounds fun. the biggest fighting game of all time online. if melee was so popular, imagine what playing it online would be like. pure fun.

#1. The Controller Will Change Everything

duh. that's the biggest point on the rev. no more clumsy anolog sticks, but pure 3d. the possibilities of the controller are limitless.

see herefor the full article.

see herefor IGN's top ten reasons why to buy the 360.

after reading these two articles you should be able to decide for yourself which is better, but i think the one for the rev holds more water.