Best next gen console

chrisc

Whixh consle will be the best out of the next genartion consoles  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are rumors of DVD playing and such, are they confirmed? Anyway, you don't really need a HD anyway, it jacks up the cost, but for a person with alot of money, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Nintendo and Sony are both going to have free online play support, but third-party companies can charge whatever they want for access to their servers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i read somewhere that the rev will have a dvd player, but you buy it separately. that way, you don't have to pay a high price for features you don't need (like the psp (myscnnm don't blow your top i'm just making a point)). it won't have hd, bu then again, who needs it? if you really appreciate games for being games, then you'd just like 'em for gameplay.

and myscnnm, did you say 7 controllers? a bit of an odd number, but i suppose it makes up for all these years with just two, but deffinately not for ruining all my third party multiplayer games. (only two people able to play at once? where's the fun?!)

I think it's just a software plug-in or something.

I also forgot to mention, that doesn't mean 7 controllers, that means 7 Wi-Fi devices, such as your PSP, or a microphone for your controller, or a wireless Eyetoy, etc. It's not all controllers.

And /\/\/\/, fear not! Online will increase the player number no matter how many controllers it uses. And we will finally be rid of that "2 player only for a 4 player system" crap.

Actually, when Microsoft starts mass-producing HD DVD disks they wont cost any more than a regular DVD, since you can make them with the same equipment. The Blu-Ray Disks that I hear the PS3 is gonna use are gonna be more expensive as you have to completely change the equipment... that is, until they too are also overly mass-produced.

Also, we don't know the Revolution Specs, Nintendo will not reveal if there is a HD, or what size it would be.

Also, to judge the Revolution at this point is similar to judging something you've only seen pictures of, with very little description. One example would be an M1A2 Abrams Tank, which unless you look alot of stuff up, or watch the Military/History channel alot, you aren't gonna know much about it.

I'll admit, HD-DVDs are slightly cheaper than Blu-ray discs because the hardware can be made by modifying existing manufacturing plants. But Blu-ray has more supporters (which are also larger, like Sony, Philips, Samsung, LG, et cetera). Also, Blu-ray has gotten a head start because a lot of Blu-ray stuff has been released about a year ago or so. Also, many companies have pledged to start shipping notebook computers with Blu-ray drives soon. Sony itself has announced the incorporation of Blu-ray drives into their future VAIO computers.

You mean you don't know the Revolution specs. I know most of the basic specs, including the primary media, RAM, GPU, CPU, et cetera.

Actually,

You mean you don't know the Revolution specs. I know most of the basic specs, including the primary media, RAM, GPU, CPU, et cetera.

Yeah, you never know them, since Nintendo hasn't realeased them and the only "leak" ever was proven wrong. If Nintendo released the revolution Specs, I'd be on it way before you would.

ANd, on topic, this is my Opinion/prediction:

note some of this is based on the fact that most homes will be getting multiple consoles come the next-gen.

Revolution: Wildly sucessful with gamers and non-gamers alike. Nintendo rises well above the 360 and PS3 in sales(mostly as a second console choice, but sales are sales). Incredible Second and 3rd party support, however, many of these 2nd and 3rd party games would focus on using the new controller for crappy ideas, with horrible control. Nintendo, however, is able to bring out some good games, and ultimately will save the revolution and make it one of the best things to ever happen to the gaming industry by expanding it greatly.

PS3: Sells large amounts to "hardcore" gamers, many as a first console choice. However, many of the games that were the biggest on the PS2 will dissappear, or become non-exclusive. From the ashes, new franchises will emerge, and sony will make it to "round 4," which they will likely release a TV/Surround Sound/Gaming Console/DVD/digital camera/cell phone/laptop/handheld/C4/handgun/car keys/salt shaker/peperspray/etc. system so you only need one thing for... well... everything. Considering that's possilbe, everyone with the money woud buy one :P

Xbox 360: Initial sales are great, it has no competition, but when the PS3 comes out, it fails miserably. Microsoft will either be stubborn and loose more money in the gaming industry(on the other hand, they may beat everyone in the next-next gen if they stay with it), Partner up with nintendo/sony for the next-next gen, or drop out because of the extra cost.

Note in no way are these predictions expert. They are all [almost ;) ] entirely possible, however. A little bit idealised by me ;)

okay, I have found out one of the few things about hardware Nintendo has released. It will feature 512 mebibytes(I like new words :D ) of onboard flash memory, for saved games, OS updates, games, etc. Considering the biggest N64 games were about 64 mebibytes, and SNES and NES games probably are smaller than 2-4MB, and if gameboy games are put in, 8MB for GBA, less for earlier versions, that should actually be a good amount of space... if the 2 Confirmed USB 2.0 ports have something you can plug in for extra space or something... or maybe the GCN memory card slots...

As far as Hardware confirmation Goes:

IBM is making the "Broadway" CPU

ATi is making the "Hollywood" GPU

Broadcom is doing wireless

MoSys is doing ram

GCN Controller and Mem card ports

Downloads Catalog

Some things about the controller not yet revealed

No HDTV

Unconfirmed, but predicted:

NURB Technology to put it on PS3 levels(bullcrap, methinks)

Cube Envirionment Mapping

DS conectability(although rather likely, it hasn't been confirmed)

Old sega games in the download catalog(metioned by Sega CEO or something)

Connects to computer monitor

There are others like the loads of "leaked" revolution specs, none of which are the same in any way. But some aren't worth mentioning.

So... Nintendo is going online and adding a "Hard Drive"(flash actually, but...), they're really taking a leap here, or, in modified quote form: One small Step for Nintendo, one Giant Leap for The Video Gaming industry :P

Well it will be nice to not have to shell out 20 or 30 bucks for a memory card, although this does limit the ability to bring save-games to other people's houses. I dont see any other reason to have the "hard disk" anyways, I mean, it's a nintendo system. No one expects to use it as a new computer, or a stereo system that plays tunes off it's own hard drive. It's a gaming system, and if nintendo ever releases anything that puts as much emphasis on non-gaming capabilities as gaming capabilities, it will ruin the company for sure.

On a side note, anyone hear about the new HVC disks that, at the moment, hold about a terabyte, and could theoretically hold up to 3.9? This just kicks blu-ray and hddvd in their combined [bleeped!].

True, but memory cards will probably still work. Of course, sometimes it's easier not to have to shell out $20 extra just to save your games, and You'd have to buy alot of those little memory cards for games, and they wouldn't work for online save data, or OS upgrades. Since it's online, it's gonna use em.

Flash drive? It's no HD, but at least you don't have to pay the cost of one.

BTW, I don't understand your last comment GM_268.

ROM/Emulator SUPPORT is actually quite hilarious. You could always do it, with a bit 'o modding and such, but allowing people to do it... it's funny. I guess they've thought it through and figured that it wouldn't matter, since money doesn't come in from old games anyway.