Typo3 and ImageMagick

Jens Vesper

What do I need to do to enable the ImageMagick in Typo3?

Obviously the latest version of ImageMagick is installed on the system according to phpmyinfo.

But Typo3 does not recognize, and I do not know what path is to be given in the installation section to make ImageMagick recognized. I have seen in the logs that exec() is disabled, and this could be one cause of the issue.

Hope you can help me.

----

Before you ask: My account name is dienos; and the site with typo3 test is vesper-dienos/festypo3

Here is the Typo3 message from install section:

Check Image Magick:

No ImageMagick installation available

It seems that there is no adequate ImageMagick installation available at the checked locations (, /home/dienos/, /usr/X11R6/bin/, /usr/bin/, /usr/local/bin/)

An 'adequate' installation for requires 'convert', 'combine'/'composite' and 'identify' to be available

Also tried /home/dienos/bin/ and /home/dienos/local/bin/ when I wanted to use the existing installation of ImageMagick. Did not work.

Are you saying I will have to install another instance in my home or typo3 directory?

/usr/local/bin is where you'll find 'convert', 'combine'/'composite' and 'identify' but you said it didn't work. The only thing I can figure is that we don't allow execute. Why don't you ask the Typo3 folks and see what they say.

/usr/local/bin is where you'll find 'convert', 'combine'/'composite' and 'identify' but you said it didn't work. The only thing I can figure is that we don't allow execute. Why don't you ask the Typo3 folks and see what they say.

OK, I'll check it out there. Thank you so far.

OK, I'll check it out there. Thank you so far.

They definitely need the exec() function, or do you see any other way to use ImageMagick from PERL without exec() ?

They definitely need the exec() function, or do you see any other way to use ImageMagick from PERL without exec() ?

Are you sure it's PERL and not PHP you mean? You can call on IM with perl like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

system "convert -resize 100x100 -colorspace rgb -quality 70 seaside.jpg thumbnail.jpg";

That would thumbnail seaside.jpg