[Solved] connect domain name with hosting

Ernest Yu

Hi,

I have just purchased one info domain from godaddy and applied one hosting from you.

But in setting my account I didn't choose a username.heliohost.org domain. For now I could login to my cpanel, but not able to visit my domain.

Having no idea if it's setting error here, setting in cpanel or setting in godaddy.

My account is minggor. And my domain is ernestbeta.info.

Basically,

1. Could I have a heliohost sub-domain: minggor.heliohost.org? How can I configure that?

2. How to connect my main domain to my hosting? It's my very first time setting site.

Thanks a lot.

You can just set the nameservers on godaddy to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org, and ernestbeta.info will connect to your hosting. Do you still need minggor.heliohost.org?

You can just set the nameservers on godaddy to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org, and ernestbeta.info will connect to your hosting. Do you still need minggor.heliohost.org?

Hi Wizard,

If I may, I'd like to have minggor.heliohost.org as backup domain name.

Thanks for your quick response.

Hi Wizard,

If I may, I'd like to have minggor.heliohost.org as backup domain name.

Thanks for your quick response.

Done, but since you now have minggor.heliohost.org, you now need to add ernestbeta.info as a parked domain. You can do this through cPanel.

Hi Wizard,

After checking heliohost page, I figure out that for security reason you don't offer console any longer. So there is another newbie question, how could I operate things like restarting my server?

My original thought is to construct a pylons application which I am learning now. I am wondering how to start my server so that things would work.

Thanks.

... restarting your server? What kind of server are you running?

A pylons application running on Paste http server. Basically it's a pure python application.

If it's totally impossible, I could switch to rails....