[Solved] PHP/dependencies compile problem

disco

Hey djbob, just want to report some strange behaviour with php (didn't know if someone already reported this).

I noticed that

http://www.heliohost.org/phpinfo.php

suddenly ends in the ODBC driver, witch means you have some module/dependency not well compiled. I had the same error when I compilled php (and its dependencies) last year, and it stopped in the same thing (ODBC), so you could be facing the same trouble I had. I can't remember for sure where it was, but I think after ODBC (not sure if order is always the same) comes openssl, so, problem could be there. If remember it right, I had problems with sqlite and GD too, but those could be just fine in this case...

Think if you run the test suits of the dependencies or the test suite from php you can discover where is the problem...

Just wanted to inform you, if you are not aware of it by now...

Best regards,

disco

EDIT:

this is the html from php that came with XAMPP (php 5.3.1):

<tr class="h"><th>Directive</th><th>Local Value</th><th>Master Value</th></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.allow_persistent</td><td class="v">On</td><td class="v">On</td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.check_persistent</td><td class="v">On</td><td class="v">On</td></tr>

<tr><td class="e">odbc.default_cursortype</td><td class="v">Static cursor</td><td class="v">Static cursor</td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.default_db</td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.default_pw</td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.default_user</td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td><td class="v"><i>no value</i></td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.defaultbinmode</td><td class="v">return as is</td><td class="v">return as is</td></tr>

<tr><td class="e">odbc.defaultlrl</td><td class="v">return up to 4096 bytes</td><td class="v">return up to 4096 bytes</td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.max_links</td><td class="v">Unlimited</td><td class="v">Unlimited</td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.max_persistent</td><td class="v">Unlimited</td><td class="v">Unlimited</td></tr>
</table><br />

and this is from here:

<tr class="h"><th>Directive</th><th>Local Value</th><th>Master Value</th></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.allow_persistent</td><td class="v">On</td><td class="v">On</td></tr>
<tr><td class="e">odbc.check_persistent</td><td class="v">On</td><td class="v">On</td></tr>
<tr>

Next thing to show should be: odbc.default_cursortype but probably the problem could not really be relationated with it.... :\

Thanks for letting me know. Probably something wrong with ODBC... my guess is that since some ODBC stuff wasn't linked properly (just fixed today), so something went wrong in compilation. If any problems come up, I'll just recompile.

Thanks for letting me know. Probably something wrong with ODBC... my guess is that since some ODBC stuff wasn't linked properly (just fixed today), so something went wrong in compilation. If any problems come up, I'll just recompile.

Yeah, linking gave me lots of errors too. I did one of the worst things too, cross-compiled php and lighty (and the rest of the infinite dependencies) for MIPS from x86, so, it was the double in problems :P ..

If I could re-create the problem I would, but since I lost my drive with all my work in ubuntu, I've been trying to forget what I even did :\ .. But the problem should be being caused by what you just said, I hope...

Many thanks for this great oasis in hosting (; .. Really love what you are doing, running you're own server, compiling and setting everything from source, just the things I love most...

Best regards and really good luck (: