[Solved] Unable to sign up, and queries about SSL...

Fred Squire

Hey guys,

Having used various other free webhosts which didn't work out too well, along with a few reviews about this site, I decided to sign up and give up on the concept of hosting something from home, which never worked out too well.

Problem is- I can't register. It gives an error regarding e-mail addresses, and I've tried to register with several e-mail addresses of mine. Here's the error message:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 22 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/scripts/signup.php on line 76

We're sorry, but that is an invalid email address. Please go back and correct it.

Yeah. Don't know what went wrong.

Also, I plan on using an SSL certificate from InstantSSL with this site, and a few other forumers mention a 'dedicated IP'. Could anyone let me in on how that works, and whether I'd be able to get SSL working on my site once it's up?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Fred

Sorry, guys - try again now.

Also, I plan on using an SSL certificate from InstantSSL with this site, and a few other forumers mention a 'dedicated IP'. Could anyone let me in on how that works, and whether I'd be able to get SSL working on my site once it's up?
Just start another thread up about it and we'll hook you up :)

Still no luck registering. I get a new error message, though.

We're sorry, but an error was encountered during signup. Please try again later.

Your ip shows you registerd this account.

http://odgara.heliohost.org

Is there any way I can remove that account, or deactivate it?

I've had nameserver issues with DynDNS, and I've decided to switch to CO.cc for a domain name, and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch around.

Or, at least a way to fix up this stupid nameserver stuffup?