[Solved] trouble checking emails

ecpcfs

Hi,

I set up and email account for my new page. When i try to check the email it says the inbox is empty. But its not because i have sent it emails from my other email account.

I have check that the email address exists through my account and its there.

Any help appreciated.

My webpage is www.wollongongearthcare.net

the email address is contact@wollongongearthcare.net

I have sent and email to contact@wollongongearthcare.net from my hotmail accout yet

when i try and check the emails for contact@wollongongearthcare.net it says i have no emails.

The email i sent from hotmail was not returned as a non-existant address and when i check in my helio account the email address contact@wollongongearthcare/net does exist.

I just can't find how to check the emails.

djbob- is that directed at me? What could hotmail possibly be blocking you from? Are you saing that all my emails will get directs from my website to my hotmail and back to my helihost webmail?????

Hotmail should have nothing to do with it.....??????

Thanks for the reply- i just don't understand what you could mean...

I can't tell what you're saying. Spell correctly and stop using too much punctuation.

It is possible that Hotmail is blocking outgoing emails to us. You mentioned that you tested your email by sending yourself an email from a Hotmail address. Try again, but this time send yourself an email from a Gmail address.

Done. And it has not come through either.

I don't think thats the problem, as i am sure that there are other emails that have been sent to the wedsite address by other people from a variety of email addresses and none have come through.

I sent you a test email, and I'm seeing the text file in your homedir. I can't access your mail application to check, but if there's a problem if the fault of your mail application.

really? i can't see them in any of those programs.

I am logging on with my username ecpcfs... is that wrong?

oh! I never thought to use the email address as the username (why would i? it asks for a username, not an email address! And it does actually log in to something which has a place to check email with that user name!)

But you questioning me on the username made me try it.

sorted.

Thanks for the help.

Though i must say - next time someone has this problem, probably the first thing you should tell them is to make sure they are checking their email here http://stevie.heliohost.org:2095/webmail/x3/index.html

and that their username is the email address they are trying to check.

If somebody said that to me 7 days ago it would have saved a lot of hassel, wasted time, and being abused by someone who also makes spelling mistakes and non-clear replys about my use of bad grammer and spelling and not being able to be understood!